• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb's 5 most unfairly treated players

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I have. My point still stands, he's hardly anything special but he's better than what he's made out to be.
He's completely rubbish.
Can't even hit the seam ffs.
He's not even amongst the top 5 Indian bowlers. Would make the Bangladesh team and maybe Sri Lanka.

And yet he's somehow played 55 tests.

He's the worst player to have played 55 tests. Not even a decent batsman or fielder.

Last edited:

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
As much as I hate to stick up for sharma, he was getting much more movement than any of the other indian bowlers in the Wellington test without even hitting the seam

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
As much as I hate to stick up for sharma, he was getting much more movement than any of the other indian bowlers in the Wellington test without even hitting the seam
that's because he was the only one that actually put it on a good length.

OK, I lie, he has one thing going for him; he gets decent bounce with his height.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
@Monk
We have to consider the context ofBradmans team. If It was to face an atg Martian XI then yeah I would take your team every day of the week. However if it was to faceany nations side then bradmans team might just be a better opt

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The only sane thing to do if you are an Indian and an incident like the Sharapova interview happens, is to stay off social media for a few days... Seriously, there were actually guys posting screenshots of Maria's facebook page and Sachin's and showing how many likes more Sachin had got on his page as some sort of evidence that he is the more famous sportsperson of the two..

Seriously, Sachin fanboyism has actually gotten worse since his retirement :)

ImpatientLime

International Regular
He's completely rubbish.
Can't even hit the seam ffs.
He's not even amongst the top 5 Indian bowlers. Would make the Bangladesh team and maybe Sri Lanka.

And yet he's somehow played 55 tests.

He's the worst player to have played 55 tests. Not even a decent batsman or fielder.
mr.jpeg

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
@Monk
We have to consider the context ofBradmans team. If It was to face an atg Martian XI then yeah I would take your team every day of the week. However if it was to faceany nations side then bradmans team might just be a better opt
What would be different with the change of opponents?

Bradman's side is fine, but the inclusion of Bedser is weird. He should've included any of the following instead of Bedser: any of the WIs quicks, Imran, Botham, Miller or another batsman for a far more balanced team...

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It's not a CW thing exclusively, but Kapil Dev's talents are often forgotten. I think it gets forgotten what an amazing cricketer he was.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What would be different with the change of opponents?

Bradman's side is fine, but the inclusion of Bedser is weird. He should've included any of the following instead of Bedser: any of the WIs quicks, Imran, Botham, Miller or another batsman for a far more balanced team...
I would have loved to have seen someone ask Bradman what team he'd have chosen if he couldn't select himself. I bet he would have chosen an all rounder/bowler with more batting talent then.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Part of my dislike for Saj was I was one of the idjits a bit swayed by the fact he seemed to be able to swing it at pace. His first spell in Test cricket was good. Yet in the end, his lack of stamina and his woeful waywardness meant he was ****ing shocking.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Way off topic, I know, but if Bradman gets to choose the first XI...

Barry Richards
Arthur Morris
Don Bradman
Sachin Tendulkar
Garry Sobers
Don Tallon
Ray Lindwall
Dennis Lillee
Alec Bedser
Bill O'Reilly
Clarrie Grimmett

I'm pretty confident my XI following would beat his in a 5 test series

Len Hutton
Sunil Gavaskar
Viv Richards
Graeme Pollock
Jaques Kallis
Brian Lara
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Malcolm Marshall
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath
Monk makes a post about all time world XI in an unrelated thread and kyear likes it. Classic CW.

Sorry couldn't resist :p

Last edited: