• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When the West Indies travel to Australia...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For the good of test cricket it needs to be the first team and I suspect that it will be.

shivfan

Banned
...will it still be the 1523234th XI,?
:laugh:

that's quite accurate, when you think of the XI that played Bangladesh....

Now, the WICB is taking disciplinary action against the players, despite the criticisms of the mediator and Caribbean governments, while the players are taking legal advice. So, the battle lines are drawn....

brockley

International Captain
Most the side came from the college campus team,that would be like us picking our side from the cricket academy,australia under 19 or canberra comets :laugh:

Days of Grace

International Captain
I think they should just cancel the tour and get Bangladesh over instead. Would probably be a more competitive game.

Which other international teams are free at that time?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just the Winides. India host Sri Lanka, New Zealand face Pakistan, England is in South Africa and Bangladesh play Zimbabwe.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think they should just cancel the tour and get Bangladesh over instead. Would probably be a more competitive game.

Which other international teams are free at that time?
Yeah it's plain madness that West Indies continue to play international cricket. TBH, however hard it hits financially, the best short-term solution would be to cancel all tours - I'm sure someone could sue someone else enough to cover the costs eventually.

It's diabolical that the international game is reduced to what West Indies' third team reduces it to. Apart from the fact that it, like the presence of Bangladesh, devalues competition, it does West Indies serious long-term harm as well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Until the team actually sets foot on the plane, I'm not going to be believing whether it's going to be the best available (ish) squad or otherwise.