• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Format for World Cup??

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lord_of_darkness said:
Go play football ( soccer ) if u get bored of watching cricket... damn it , if u come to cricketweb being a true cricket freak , how the hell can anyone get Bored of cricket ??!

2 Months of non stop World Cup Cricket sounds exciting to me, because its not 1 country playing another for 15 games its 1 country playing all the other countries to test true strenght and cosistency
At what point in time did I say that I get bored of cricket. I said that it loses some of its meaning when there's so much of it going on. The same excitement isn't there. There's still excitement, but it's not the same.

Two months of non-stop World Cup would...

1/ Mean alot of meaningless matches.
2/ Tire out the players and results in poorly contested Test series.
3/ Cost way too much money!

It's just too long for one tournament.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Consistency is the key, whatever they do, they should keep doing it so everyone gets used to the system...

I think they should have two pools... And each team in the pool plays each other... then the two winners of the pool play in a world series , best of three games...

Sorry baseball doing my head in lol...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
1/ Mean alot of meaningless matches.
2/ Tire out the players and results in poorly contested Test series.
3/ Cost way too much money!
1/ How is it ever meaningless when there is no repitition and its the best countries playing, its not like ur seeing bangladesh play mainly

2/ Why would the players want to complain? they are getting selected to represent the country at a game which is closest to their heart, that means they will are totally committed to playing for their nation

3/ Its not like we are getting bangladesh to organize the tournament.. and they have to put in all their money..! Countries like india , australia, england are capable of holding a tournmanet like this, and if this tournament was held in a cricket crazy country like india pakistan sri lanka , guarantee you that even if goes on for longer the stadiums will be packed untill the roof falls ..So heaps of revenue is being made + visitors + sponsorship and ad deals

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lord_of_darkness said:
1/ How is it ever meaningless when there is no repitition and its the best countries playing, its not like ur seeing bangladesh play mainly

2/ Why would the players want to complain? they are getting selected to represent the country at a game which is closest to their heart, that means they will are totally committed to playing for their nation

3/ Its not like we are getting bangladesh to organize the tournament.. and they have to put in all their money..! Countries like india , australia, england are capable of holding a tournmanet like this, and if this tournament was held in a cricket crazy country like india pakistan sri lanka , guarantee you that even if goes on for longer the stadiums will be packed untill the roof falls ..So heaps of revenue is being made + visitors + sponsorship and ad deals
1/ When there are two groups, less teams will have to play Bangladesh, Holland etc. With your setup, everyone will have to play them.

2/ There is a limit to human ability. There's something called fatigue. Whether you want to play or not, there's a limit.

3/ It's still alot of money.