• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara vs Saeed Anwar (ODI's only)

Saeed Anwar vs Brian Lara ODI's only?

• Total voters

G.I.Joe

International Coach
TBH, this thread has certainly significantly narrowed the gap between them as ODI players, in my eyes.. Never realised how close their records were until they were placed side by side.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Lara as a player is definitely way ahead of Anwar..his trackrecord speaks for himself. Anwar in my view was immensely talented who did not play aswell as he should have like many other Pakistani batsmen like Inzamam and Yousuf.
In the ODIs, I pick Anwar because in my view he was the best opener in the world from the 92 World Cup onwards till perhaps 2000-01. But that is not to say that Anwar was a better player, its just that Lara did not play ODIs too seriously in my view during the later part of his career!

Jassy

Banned
From memory, Anwar in ODIs did well against the Sri Lankas and Indias who didn't exactly have great bowling attacks. Lara scored some outrageous tons against Wasim, Waqar, Donald etc (despite not managing to do so in tests).