• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most promising young bowler

Who is the most promising young bowler?

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Similar to the batsman thread, but for bowlers.

Dunno who's the most promising young bowler is, but Mohammad Aamer debuting at 16 (?) is a pretty good effort.

Bouncer

State Regular
Aamir is pretty damn exciting, he has got age on his side, seem to be eager, does not hesitate when he is facing players like sanath who has been playing before he was born, had the courage to ball 5 back to back short pitch balls the batsman who everyone was afraid off in T20 final.

Biggest surprise was that he was NOT included in nominees of best emerging players awards for 2009.

brockley

International Captain
James patterson and josh hazelwood come through aust under 19's,hazelwood can still play in the next world youth cup.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Cornellius de Villiers, Ruan Pietersen [RSA]
Monish Parmar [Ind] - Murali clone. Doesn't play games atm as he apparently has a suspect action.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
His never played franchise cricket.

Sure you don't mean Obus Pienaar, or Charl Pietersen? Both left-arm seamers who play top level cricket in the Republic.

Shri

Mr. Glass
His never played franchise cricket.

Sure you don't mean Obus Pienaar, or Charl Pietersen? Both left-arm seamers who play top level cricket in the Republic.
I dont know. My friend was hyping this guy up when we were having a chat some time back. I remember reading an article that mentioned his bowling figures in a match before. Checked his record and it wasn't bad either. So, I thought it was worth a shout.

Btw, what is franchise cricket in RSA? Private FC tournament or something?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont know. My friend was hyping this guy up when we were having a chat some time back. I remember reading an article that mentioned his bowling figures in a match before. Checked his record and it wasn't bad either. So, I thought it was worth a shout.

Btw, what is franchise cricket in RSA? Private FC tournament or something?
Franchise cricket is the professional game.

Provincial cricket, what that Ruan Pietersen plays is amateur. Though, provincial has first class and list a status, so there is many cricketers who have fantastic looking records but have never played the professional game. Always a word of caution when looking at South African player stats as they are skewed because of this. If they play for the Dolphins, Cobras, Titans, Warriors and Eagles, they are legit, anything else is not worth considering.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Franchise cricket is the professional game.

Provincial cricket, what that Ruan Pietersen plays is amateur. Though, provincial has first class and list a status, so there is many cricketers who have fantastic looking records but have never played the professional game. Always a word of caution when looking at South African player stats as they are skewed because of this. If they play for the Dolphins, Cobras, Titans, Warriors and Eagles, they are legit, anything else is not worth considering.
Cheers for the info TTB. Never knew that tbh.:)