Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Unluckiest Players

Most Unluckiest Players

Mine would be

A Stuart (AUS)- he took a hat-trick against Pak and after that never heard his name again.

Gary Stead ( NZ ) - Scored a good fighting half century against India when NZ last toured India but never heard of him again after that series.

David Johnson ( Ind ) - Was the highest wicket taker against provinial teams when India toured SAF in 1997 , got to play in one test , took 2-47 and was dropped from even his state side Karnataka within 6 months.

Vikram Rathore ( India ) - Scored tons and tons of runs when he was with the Indian team in 1996-97 against County teams in Eng and Provinces in SAF but failed miserably in Test matches.

I remember Gavascar saying about a player ( can't remeber his name ) who made debut for India in the same series in which he did - that he was a very very talented player and one of the best he has seen . He was brilliantly caught by Sobers when he was playing well in his only innings and after that he never played for India again. While in the same series , Sobers dropped 2 very easy catches in his 1st test innings and after that he never looked back. He was saying how luck plays an important part in one's career.

Re: Most Unluckiest Players

Originally posted by vishnureddy
    Vikram Rathore ( India ) - Scored tons and tons of runs when he was with the Indian team in 1996-97 against County teams in Eng and Provinces in SAF but failed miserably in Test matches.
    How can Rathore be considered unlucky if he was given a chance and failed miserably showing that he was clearly out of his depth in the international arena?
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    How about Joey Benjamin (Eng)? He made his only appearance in Devon Malcolm's Match - "You guys are history" and performed well. In the South African first innings, he picked up a more than creditable 4-42 then later in the season he got injured (again) and never figured in the minds of the selectors again.

Richard Johnson's had more than his fair share of misfortune - he was selected three times before making his debut.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

State Vice-Captain

Re: Most Unluckiest Players

Originally posted by vishnureddy

Gary Stead ( NZ ) - Scored a good fighting half century against India when NZ last toured India but never heard of him again after that series.

Yeah poor guy. was talking to him on Sunday at the nets. He has performed well every year for Canterbury and did nothing wrong while with NZ.

I thought he would be perfect opening with Richardson. Both guttsy players that are hard to get out.

Tim
    I'd say the chances of Gary Stead playing international cricket are well gone unless Bracewell doesn't care about age.

State Vice-Captain
    They are certainly gone. He has just lost the Canterbury Captaincy so that tells me he is only a year or two left in him and he wants someone to get more experience

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Dave Mohammed. :P (Ok ok, I have a slight bias )

Surely Martin Bicknell and Adam Hollioake are among the unlucky ones. Before recently I would also have said Collymore, but we all know how that scenarion played out...
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Re: Re: Most Unluckiest Players

Originally posted by anilramavarma
    How can Rathore be considered unlucky if he was given a chance and failed miserably showing that he was clearly out of his depth in the international arena?
    Well not quite unlucky :P but he scored so many runs in those tours that i had to put him there. But atleast he got fair share of his chances.

State Vice-Captain The Argonaut's Avatar
    Jamie Siddons - was a good player for Victoria and South Australia who never got a go.

Darren Lehmann is probably unlucky not to play 100 tests. he's getting a go now but has only 2 more years in him I think.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Subhash Gupte and Padmakar Shivalkar....
    Erapalli Prasanna considers Gupte a better leggie than Shane Warne..he had more variations than Warne and Prasanna says that had Gupte played for India, he would have been better than Warne........Unfortunately for Gupte, he played at a time when the spin quartet ruled the roost in the indian team....no place for more spinners....so he never played a test.....Padmakar Shivalkar is considered by many to be one of the best indians to have never played a test....
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

International Vice-Captain
    jamie cox is probably unlucky not to have played a test or two after his outstanding tassie performances.

Originally posted by orangepitch
    Subhash Gupte and Padmakar Shivalkar....
    Erapalli Prasanna considers Gupte a better leggie than Shane Warne..
    Isn't Gupte the same bowler whom Sobers considers as the best leg spinner too. I think he settled in Trinidad or some other carribean island and died when Inda was touring WI last year.

who cares about prasanna, if sobers considers this guy a better spinner than warne thats good enough for me

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Originally posted by Mr. Ponting
    who cares about prasanna, if sobers considers this guy a better spinner than warne thats good enough for me
    Prasanna's opinion definitely counts for me (not more so than Sobers - but he was quality himself).

He was the bowler for whom the words 'canny' and 'guile' were invented for. Not the biggest spinner, but lovely to watch in conjunction with Chandra, Venkat, Bedi et al.

how come De Groots not in your signiture anymore?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information