Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most Unluckiest Players

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Originally posted by Jacques Rudolph
    Cheers eddie! Although i wasnt around then! i reckon that politics did rob the world of one of the greatest ever cricketing sides, although the whole issue of isolation was as it turned out completely justified..

Who was that England pace bowler whos knee just fell apart mid over in Christchurch, was it Sid Lawrence? Thats got to be painful, and unlucky... I remember something like that happening to my back muscles two years ago, i think i heard it happening as well :rolleyes:
    Ah, made another friend for life. Now to praise the 1960's West Indians and get Liam on my side.

David Lawrence was on Tuffers' programme last Friday night - cracking show. He was my type of bowler - a strike bowler and a real trier - reminded me so much of Dev. Never let his head drop.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

State 12th Man
    There was this guy in Pakistan cricket named Aftab Balouch, many years back who had the making s of a great batsman. He played a magical innings of 400 plus in the domestic cricket but then got hit on the head by a bouncer, and was never the same again.

As for Parsanna, I had the chance to skim through Miandad's autobiography (which is both interesting, and whimsical, just like the man himself), and he related that on that famous Indian tour to Pakistan, when the trio of Parsanna, Chandra and Bedi came in with a formidable reputation, the Pakistani batsmen found Parsanna the easiest to play (and Chandra the most difficult). Zaheer who was the senior batsman then compared with Javed, would tell Javed to give him as much strike against Parsanna, as he was looking to make big scores.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    I've read that too, Roy. It's worth pointing out that by then Prasanna was past his sell-by date.

Chandra was always difficult to read because of his handicap (maybe a perverse blessing) - he had polio as a child and his bowling arm was badly deformed by the disease.

State 12th Man
    Oh ok.

As for other things I have heard about Parsanna his arm ball might have been the pre-cursor to Saqlain's doosra, as it used t turn the other way. Unfortunately I was too young to have seen parsanna bowling live.

State 12th Man
    And Miandad said that it was difficult to handle Chandra, due to the skiddish pace he could generate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information