• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Cricket Team Draft

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
1. Nnanden
2. Jamee99
3. marcussjd9
4. Somerset
5. pasag
6. Michaelf7777
7. S.P Fleming
8. Joao
9. Amitpal_00
10. BoyBrumby
11. GeraintIsMyHero

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Last, oh noes. Nath, are we doing a snake draft or is it a new order each round?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
New order each round FO SHO. Random number generator even, makes it more intruiging/controversial/frustrating.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Iyam? If you're asking me?
Just picking an XI are we?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Iyam? If you're asking me?
Just picking an XI are we?
There will be eleven rounds. :) I will post the round order up, then we take it in turns to choose a player for our sides. You can't choose a player someone else has already chosen.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In theory I'd prefer a 12 hour maximum but can't help but feel it's unfair on some

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There will be eleven rounds. :) I will post the round order up, then we take it in turns to choose a player for our sides. You can't choose a player someone else has already chosen.
Yeah, I get the draft process but wasn't sure if we might possibly have 12 rounds changing the order every 2 rounds. Going down and back up each order etc.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
1. Nnanden
2. Jamee99
3. marcussjd9
4. Somerset
5. pasag
6. Michaelf7777
7. S.P Fleming
8. joao
9. metallics2006
10. Amitpal_00
11. BoyBrumby
12. GIMH

Will kick things off in a few hours, new sign-ups still welcome. Any further recommendations on how long between picks?

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I think that 24 hours is fairest on everyone involved but that people should endeavour to make there picks as quickly as possible

Amitpal_00

Cricket Spectator
Yep 24 hours is fair enough, maybe we could try and organise a time where we could get everyone on and get the draft done quickly.. but it'll be hard to try and get everyone online at the same time.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1. Nnanden
2. Jamee99
3. marcussjd9
4. Somerset
5. pasag
6. Michaelf7777
7. S.P Fleming
8. joao
9. metallics2006
10. Amitpal_00
11. BoyBrumby
12. GIMH
13. marc71178
14. Pup_Clarke
15. kingkallis

Will delay the start until the beginning of the ODI, see if we can sneak some more people in.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The first draft pick is underway.

There will be, primarily, a 24 hour limit per person. Selectable players must have played at least one ODI. At the end of the draft, a poll will be conducted and a simulation will take place. So it is up to you whether you want good players statistically, or players who are seen as good by the CricketWeb community.

First Round Draft Order

1) marc71178
2) Michaelf7777
3) joao
4) metallics2006
5) Nnanden
6) GeraintIsMyHero
7) Amitpal_00
8) kingkallis
9) Pasag
10) Somerset
11) marcussjd9