Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Moments In Cricket

School Boy/Girl Captain

Golden Moments In Cricket

I am very happy with the responses I have received on my thread ‘ The Greatest Catches in Cricket history’. This has inspired and prompted me to open another one with the title: ‘Golden Moments in Cricket’ contents of which will be broad based as readers will be able to post any magical moments : Batting, Bowling, Umpiring Decisions, Fielding (if they choose so – it is already being covered in The Greatest Catches in Cricket history) and anything I have not mentioned will do as well as long it is relevant to cricket.

This will be a great feeling of joy and thrill to all of us to revisit some of the most memorable moments of Test, One day, T20 Cricket that has touched the hearts of millions of cricket fans all over the world.

Each reader can contribute 3 links of their most unforgettable Cricket moments per post to give everyone a chance. However after the first round (24 hrs) they can post as many times they want. But each post should not exceed 3 links.

Their is so much to cover as their has been tons of unforgettable moments available to be tapped and posted.

By sharing each other’s choices we will all be enriched and I guess that is the beauty of a Forum.

The enjoyment and thrill will be double as a Visual Display has a better impact on us.

Let me get the ball Rolling.

Here you go:

1. Sir Gary Sobers Masterpiece : 254 against Rest of World

This is regarded by Sir Donald Bradman as the greatest innings he has seen in Australia

link: YouTube - Sir Gary Sobers: 254against Australia

2. Master bowler Lillee at his lethal l best. On this occasion he destroyed the Best Batsmen in the world.

link: YouTube - Dennis Lillee: 8-29 against World 11

3. The Australian Lesson

link: YouTube - West Indies vs Australia 1975-76

I am confident it will be a rewarding experience for all of us.

Who’s next!

Good Luck to everyone!

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Last edited by fredfertang; 02-09-2009 at 11:51 AM.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    One of the earliest golden moments to be captured on video. Len Hutton breaks Bradman's world record score of 334 at the Oval and is congratulated by the great man himself. (It's at 1:30 in the clip). The last (only?) time the innings record was broken with the previous record holder on the field.

School Boy/Girl Captain

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Wasim Akram World Cup 1992 Wickets : Unbelievable deliveries. That was the turning point of the match. England never recovered from these shocks. The rest is History.

I did watch this match live and is still fresh in my memory. Good find. Thanks!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    One of the earliest golden moments to be captured on video. Len Hutton breaks Bradman's world record score of 334 at the Oval and is congratulated by the great man himself. (It's at 1:30 in the clip). The last (only?) time the innings record was broken with the previous record holder on the field.
    Liked it a lot. Good find.These are gold mines. I am happy you have taken the time to dig it out and share with us.Thanks a lot !

Heads, Shoulders, Knees, John Stones

School Boy/Girl Captain
    That was awesome!.Enjoyed every bit of it.Thanks for sharing.

State Vice-Captain
    Nothing complete without the Don.

YouTube - Don Bradman's Last Innings

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I did not like the first one as he got a nasty knock on his face. It could have been fatal.

Thanks God he got away with lesser damage. He is after all a great batsman and definitely one of my favorite Australian batsman though I dont like his captaincy.

Bottom line: England is well capable of beatng Australia as they have proved twice 2005and 2009 without causing physical damage to an opposing player. I know it is not the batsman's fault as he was fielding pretty close.Their is nothing to be happy about a close in fielder getting hurt by an opposing batsman.It could have been a reverse situation..

The next 2 are quality stuff . I enjoyed it

I did see the James Anderson one live. He was unplayable. I think he took 4 wickets in that match.Pakistani batsmen had no answer to his pace bowling .A great performance indeed!

This one is a good pick. Thanks for your inputs. Keep going!

Got to love this Shane Warne vs Bryan Young.

YouTube - Shane Warne Vs Bryan Young

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    Got to love this Shane Warne vs Bryan Young.

YouTube - Shane Warne Vs Bryan Young
    A typical Warne Gem. Cool Stuff. What a Great spin magician he was? These guys are born once in a century. I wonder if their will ever be a Shane Warne. I have not seen one as yet since he retired. Have we?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information