• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Golden Moments In Cricket

bullseye

School Boy/Girl Captain
I am very happy with the responses I have received on my thread ‘ The Greatest Catches in Cricket history’. This has inspired and prompted me to open another one with the title: ‘Golden Moments in Cricket’ contents of which will be broad based as readers will be able to post any magical moments : Batting, Bowling, Umpiring Decisions, Fielding (if they choose so – it is already being covered in The Greatest Catches in Cricket history) and anything I have not mentioned will do as well as long it is relevant to cricket.

This will be a great feeling of joy and thrill to all of us to revisit some of the most memorable moments of Test, One day, T20 Cricket that has touched the hearts of millions of cricket fans all over the world.

Each reader can contribute 3 links of their most unforgettable Cricket moments per post to give everyone a chance. However after the first round (24 hrs) they can post as many times they want. But each post should not exceed 3 links.

Their is so much to cover as their has been tons of unforgettable moments available to be tapped and posted.

By sharing each other’s choices we will all be enriched and I guess that is the beauty of a Forum.

The enjoyment and thrill will be double as a Visual Display has a better impact on us.

Let me get the ball Rolling.

Here you go:

1. Sir Gary Sobers Masterpiece : 254 against Rest of World

This is regarded by Sir Donald Bradman as the greatest innings he has seen in Australia

link: YouTube - Sir Gary Sobers: 254against Australia

2. Master bowler Lillee at his lethal l best. On this occasion he destroyed the Best Batsmen in the world.

link: YouTube - Dennis Lillee: 8-29 against World 11

3. The Australian Lesson

link: YouTube - West Indies vs Australia 1975-76

I am confident it will be a rewarding experience for all of us.

Who’s next!

Good Luck to everyone!

Dissector

International Debutant
One of the earliest golden moments to be captured on video. Len Hutton breaks Bradman's world record score of 334 at the Oval and is congratulated by the great man himself. (It's at 1:30 in the clip). The last (only?) time the innings record was broken with the previous record holder on the field.

bullseye

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wasim Akram World Cup 1992 Wickets : Unbelievable deliveries. That was the turning point of the match. England never recovered from these shocks. The rest is History.

I did watch this match live and is still fresh in my memory. Good find. Thanks!

bullseye

School Boy/Girl Captain
One of the earliest golden moments to be captured on video. Len Hutton breaks Bradman's world record score of 334 at the Oval and is congratulated by the great man himself. (It's at 1:30 in the clip). The last (only?) time the innings record was broken with the previous record holder on the field.
Liked it a lot. Good find.These are gold mines. I am happy you have taken the time to dig it out and share with us.Thanks a lot !

bullseye

School Boy/Girl Captain
I did not like the first one as he got a nasty knock on his face. It could have been fatal.

Thanks God he got away with lesser damage. He is after all a great batsman and definitely one of my favorite Australian batsman though I dont like his captaincy.

Bottom line: England is well capable of beatng Australia as they have proved twice 2005and 2009 without causing physical damage to an opposing player. I know it is not the batsman's fault as he was fielding pretty close.Their is nothing to be happy about a close in fielder getting hurt by an opposing batsman.It could have been a reverse situation..

The next 2 are quality stuff . I enjoyed it

I did see the James Anderson one live. He was unplayable. I think he took 4 wickets in that match.Pakistani batsmen had no answer to his pace bowling .A great performance indeed!

This one is a good pick. Thanks for your inputs. Keep going!

bullseye

School Boy/Girl Captain
Second Round Inputs

Thanks everyone for their invaluable inputs. I would like to make a special mention of subshakerz who has made multiple contributions . Those are all Gold Mines.

Here’s my Second Round contribution .

Link : YouTube - sachins one of the best innings

Sachin at His Magical Best

Link: YouTube - Ashraful`s 94 off 52 vs England

Ashraful’s Super Knock against England

Link: YouTube - Saeed Anwar's 194 vs India

Saeed Anwar's World Record 194 vs India

Hope you are all enjoying the Golden Moments.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really think of an innings or a spell of bowling when talking about great moments. I tend to think of a split-second event that maybe changed a game, summed up perfectly a whole career, or was simply awesome enough in itself to be fantastically memorable.

Shane Warne to Andrew Strauss at Edgbaston, 2005 did all three.