• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Catches In The History of Cricket

bullseye

School Boy/Girl Captain
Catches Win matches.Cricket Teams whose catching ability of players are superior than its opposition have distinct advantage. That is not to say other areas do not contribute to their success. Off Course they do. Batting & Bowling has to be superior than opposition. as well. But when Batting , Bowling is supported with a brilliant fielding they look formidable and unbeatable.

In this age of Rocket Science the Fielding team is expected to not only take regulation catches but also the Half chances that come in their way.

This thread is meant to give opportunities to readers to share with others what they think are the Greatest Catches in the history of Cricket.

To give everybody a chance and to keep it simple I have set 3 selections per reader.

Let’s get the ball rolling by presenting my Choices

1. Collingwood’s Catch of the Century

Link: YouTube - The greatest catch of all time

2. Andy Bichel demonstrates a Super Human effort

Link: YouTube - Most thoughful catch in Cricket by Andy Bichel

3.Tamim’s catches a Blinder.

Link: YouTube - One of the Best Catches Ever - Tamim Iqbal

Who’s next?

Guys! Let’s get going!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's Adam Dale or nothing. Used to be a clip of just that on Youtube, now it seems you can only see it as part of compilations.

YouTube - Australian Classic Catches
Some great catches in that clip. McGrath's is an absolute ripper too. Thought Martyn's catch in '05 was pretty good too.

As the first poster mentioned, Collingwood's is a blinder. The type of catch you might see playing 'Classic Catches' in the water at the beach.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Shane Thomson took one in the '96 world cup which is the best I have seen yet. Can't find videos of it any where.

stumpski

International Captain
Are you sure that was the '96 WC though? I just looked it up (I was curious to know who the batsman was); Thomson only took five wickets in the competition (three of them against UAE) and none was a caught-and-bowled.

That looked like it was against South Africa.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not that one. That's not the '96 world cup.

Are you sure that was the '96 WC though? I just looked it up (I was curious to know who the batsman was); Thomson only took five wickets in the competition (three of them against UAE) and none was a caught-and-bowled.
It was a kiwi player in the '96 world cup. I am 99% sure it was Thomson but not certain. It wasn't a caught and bowled.