• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Herath vs Swann

Rangana Herath vs Greame Swann: who'll be your spinner?

• Total voters

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Both are upcoming spinners, and both will going to lead the spin attack of their nations soon.

Swann has played 12 matches with 48 wickets at 30.4, and had played his matches on helpful tracks, but against good players of spin (other than WIndies) bar first few Ashes matches. He possesses a vicious off break and a good arm ball.

Herath had a patchy career for understandable reasons, and had taken 59 wickets @ 34.4. Most of his matches were also against quality players of spin (ex. Australia, Pakistan). Can spin it on helpful tracks, but has lot of subtle varieties in the bowling.

Swann is the better batsman, both aver very good in the field, but Herath may be touch better with catching.

Who do you want as you spinner?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Too small a source sample. I'd have thought very few outside of the Sri Lanka/Kiwi community have seen anything of Herath. The only time I remember seeing him playing was in the West Indies a while back and I can't remember anything of note. Plus his only success has come on home wickets against a weak and inexperienced batting lineup.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
He has taken few 4 fors against Australia, and much stronger Pakistan in Pakistan (than current tour).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I challenge anyone to make a truly informed decision on this one. I can't imagine there are too many batsmen who have faced both men, either?