• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick your XI

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is for a series of articles that I intend to do for Cricket Web. I'd like you guys to pick your International XI's according to the criteria given. I will use the results as a guide for my articles.

The first XI is......The "Oh no" XI
Pick eleven position players (2 openers, 4 3 batsmen, 1 allrounder, 1 wicketkeeper, 4 bowlers) who you think are the least deserving of a spot in their national teams. In other words, pick your World's Worst XI.

(Please don't respond with the Bangladeshi team.)

I await any response. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Eighteen months ago, I'd have put Michael Vaughan in this :)

Sticking to Test Nations and avoiding the stereotypes (i.e. Lee, Harmison, McGrath, Agarkar, deGroot...)

Openers
Vusimuzi Sibanda (is he a batsman?)
Imran Nazir

Middle Order
Tushar Imran
Ashwell Prince
Justin Ontong

All-Rounder
Sean Ervine

Wicket Keeper
Ajay Ratra

Bowlers
Charl Willoughby
Allan Dawson
Charl Langeveldt
Robin Peterson

Ooh, six South Africans, two Zimbabweans, a Pakistani, an Indian and a Bangladeshi. As I said, avoiding the obvious.

Last edited:

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
1-Saleem Elahi
2-Mathew Bell

3-Aminul Islam
4-Russell Arnold
5-Shoaib Malik ( He isn't a great batsman and Saqlain Mushtaq is a better offspinner)

6-Andrew Hall

7-Chris Nevin

8-R.Croft( Back when he used to play for Eng:D )
9-Ajit Agarkar
10-M.Zondeki
11-M.Nkala

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
R_Powell_fan said:
3-Aminul Islam
Just what has this guy ever done wrong? He's been the bulwark of the Bangladeshi batting order for the best part of the last two decades :P

Andre

International Regular
Naveed Nawaz - SL
Matthew Horne (c) - NZ

Mathew Sinclair - NZ
Boeta Dippenaar - SA
Lou Vincent - NZ

Rikki Clarke - Eng

James Savin Foster - Eng

Charl Langeveldt - SA
Pulasti Gunaratne - SL
Ian Butler - NZ
Kashual Kockuarachichi - SL

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I agree with that team, Andre, except I reckon I could think of a few South Africans worse then Boeta Dippenaar.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Chris, when there's a better English spinner than Giles, I'll believe you.

It's spelt Kaushal Lokuarachchi, btw :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sinclair, Horne, Vincent I agree with...but Butler is still fairly new and he showed good improvement last year in the West Indies so he probably doesn't deserve the tag of being one of NZ's worst players.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
1 D Ebrahim(opener)
2 M Bell (opener)

3 A Kapali(batsmen)
4 R Key (batsmen)
5 J Ontong (batsmen)

6 R Clarke (allrounder)

7 C Nevin (wicketkeeper)

8 P Gunaratne (bowler)
9 C White (bowler)
10 DPretorius (bowler)
11 S Harmison (bowler)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Just what has this guy ever done wrong? He's been the bulwark of the Bangladeshi batting order for the best part of the last two decades :P
And your point is?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Giles has got to be in there
Why exactly? His Test record is not too bad considering the role he has to play.

An economy rate of 2.51 is superb in the current climate.

Also, his bowling on an unfriendly pitch against Australia amidst the carnage in the one match he played over there was pretty good.

I propose Dawson.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Why exactly? His Test record is not too bad considering the role he has to play.

An economy rate of 2.51 is superb in the current climate.

Also, his bowling on an unfriendly pitch against Australia amidst the carnage in the one match he played over there was pretty good.

I propose Dawson.
LOL so what it not about economy rate for spinners its about WICKETS

V Reddy

International Debutant
1. Bell ( can't remember anyone so going with popular choice)
2. Nawaaz
3. J Ontong
4. R Key
5. Lou Vincent
6. Ricardo Powell
7. Ajay Ratra
8. Tinu Yohannan
9. Kyle Mills
10. Gunaratne
11. Willoughboy