• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick your XI

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
And your point is?
That there's no way that he is (was) undeserving of his place. He's retired now, anyway.

And if this degenerates into a Giles argument, then it's post-delete time, OK?

Why is Craig White in your team, Age_Master? Just how many England bowlers out-performed him in the winter? Besides, he's an all-rounder...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Why all the selection of Rikki Clarke?!
agreed - he does not deserve the bad press. For goodness sake, the young man is 21. The point we were making was that he wasn't READY for international selection.

I've a sneaking suspicion he could be really good in a couple of years.

Craig

World Traveller
Ebraham
Smith (Devon)

Ul-Haq (not Inzaman)
Key
Samuels

Bugger it, I cant come up with some more names, I will look around and see more I can add to my list.

Andre

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pick eleven position players (2 openers, 4 3 batsmen, 1 allrounder, 1 wicketkeeper, 4 bowlers) who you think are the least deserving of a spot in their national teams.
This is the reason I selected Dippenaar, Butler and Clarke is for the above.

No doubt all will come good at some stage in the future, they are too good not too.

For the purpose of this, however, they make my side. I also chose not to pick Zimbabweans and Bangladeshis - too obvious.

Deja moo

International Captain
Why do a couple of teams have ajay ratra in them?

Hes got a century in the westindies...and is quite a good keeper,parthiv patel is definitely not good with the bat compared to ajay ratra, and if the selectors werent so enamoured by extreme youth, ratra or even vijay dahiya deserve to be in the team....

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
My XI shockers would be

M Bell
D Ebrahim
L Vincent
J Ontong
M Samuels
R Key
S Afridi
J Foster
A Agarkar
D Pretorius
A Blignaut

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
hmmmmm...i was a little surprised too...he is another zimbabwean player with potential who can't seem to go on with it. (in my opinion the best current zimbabwe players are grant flower, heath streak and tatenda taibu.)

V Reddy

International Debutant
orangepitch said:
Why do a couple of teams have ajay ratra in them?

Hes got a century in the westindies...and is quite a good keeper,parthiv patel is definitely not good with the bat compared to ajay ratra, and if the selectors werent so enamoured by extreme youth, ratra or even vijay dahiya deserve to be in the team....
He got runsone of the flattest wickets you will ever see. Even Zaheer bowled some left arm spin in that match and most of India's overs were bowled by part-timers like Dravid,Laxman,etc,. Other than that he had a very poor test record and never looked like scoring in tests. I think his keeping was not that great too . In every other test he used to drop a catch . I though Dahiya and MSK Prasad were more deserving of a place than him. Parthiv was picked b'coz he scored runs against Nel,Terbrugge, pretorius,etc,. His keeping was top class in NZ. He scored some runs too against wi.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Smith (Devon)
That's a bit harsh. Smith has had a couple of good years in domestic cricket and had an unbelievable U-19 tour of England 2 years back. He didn't do too badly against the world champs this year either.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have decided to move up the release of the article. Here it is, Mr Mxyzptlk's "Oh No" XI.

The next XI will be the "Should-be" XI.
These are players who should be playing for their national teams but, for whatever reason, the aren't.

I await your feedback.

Rich2001

International Captain
Mate the only mistake I can see is this

"Dion Ebrahim is the only Zimbabwean nominee"

Yet Sean Ervine and Mluleki Nkala are both nominee's and Mluleki Nkala even made the side.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
The "should be" XI

1-M.Slater
2-S.Anwar

3-Inzimam Ul-Haq
4-G.Thorpe
5-R.Powell8D

6-L.Kluesner

7-Nayan Mongia

8-D.Ramnarine
9-S.Mushtaq