• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grand Final - Greatest All-rounder of All Time

Choose TWO of the greatest all rounders of all time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
Well, CW members have chosen the following seven players as the finalists in the quest for the title of the greatest all-rounder of all time

Imran Khan
Keith Miller
Kapil Dev
Ian Botham
Richard Hadlee
Gary Sobers
Jacques Kallis

Please choose TWO from the given list of players. Since it is obvious who the first choice might be for most of us, having two options will open up more debates I hope

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Good list of players, but Sobers and Miller IMO. Botham and Imran just a shade under these two.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think calling the thread Grand Final is a bit misleading. It seems as if it is the last match up thus one tends to pick just one. At least that is what happened with me.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think calling the thread Grand Final is a bit misleading. It seems as if it is the last match up thus one tends to pick just one. At least that is what happened with me.
It is the last match up. I think the idea of two votes is to prevent it from being a procession of 75 votes for Sobers, Bup Sing voting for Imran and Ikki voting for Miller. It makes it more interesting to see who people consider number two behind Sobers.

1. Imran Khan
  2. Keith Miller
  3. Garry Sobers
  4. Ian Botham
  5. Richard Hadlee
  6. Jacques Kallis
  7. Kapil Dev
--------------------------------------in that order.

DingDong

State Captain
Damn, I voted for Kapil by mistake. Please deduct that vote from the final count. Sorry.

EDIT: And add that vote to Hadlee please.

Last edited:
Votes of those who intentionally voted for one choice should not be counted at all even if they come up with excuses(SJS's case is an exception).These are JBMAC,england4ahes & PhoenixFire.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Votes of those who intentionally voted for one choice should not be counted at all even if they come up with excuses(SJS's case is an exception).These are JBMAC,england4ahes & PhoenixFire.
I doubt that any of them did it intentionally. They just didn't bother reading the opening post indicating that there should be two votes cast.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went for Botham and Sobers on the basis I disregarded that, all too lengthy part of Botham's career when he was, well l'll be kind and just say "disappointing"

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Sobers and Imran for me. Both Walk in to a world XI, first one with batting and second with bowling. Miller short of such batting or bowling ability to walk in to a world XI.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally, I think a bowling all-rounder brings a lot more to a side than a batting all-rounder. On those grounds, I went for Imran and Hadlee. Keith Miller was probably a better option than Hadlee but I felt the New Zealander was a bit hard done by with the poll results so far.

Zinzan

Personally, I think a bowling all-rounder brings a lot more to a side than a batting all-rounder.
Me too & for that reason I overlook Sober.

For me Imran & Botham, genuine match-winners with bat or ball

Zinzan

1. Imran Khan
  2. Keith Miller
  3. Garry Sobers
  4. Ian Botham
  5. Richard Hadlee
  6. Jacques Kallis
  7. Kapil Dev
--------------------------------------in that order.
My top 8 in order would be

Imran Khan
Ian Botham
Keith Miller
Garry Sobers
Richard Hadlee
Jacques Kallis
Chris Cairns
Kapil Dev

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Personally, I think a bowling all-rounder brings a lot more to a side than a batting all-rounder.
I'd love to hear your reasoning behind thinking this.

The true value of Jacques Kallis will only be truly appreciated when he retires IMO. He's the single reason why South Africa can field a 6 batsmen, 4 bowlers line up.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd love to hear your reasoning behind thinking this.

The true value of Jacques Kallis will only be truly appreciated when he retires IMO. He's the single reason why South Africa can field a 6 batsmen, 4 bowlers line up.
Or is that Mark Boucher is so good with thae bat? Would have done the same if dave Richardson was around instead of Boucher?