• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grand Final - Greatest All-rounder of All Time

Choose TWO of the greatest all rounders of all time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Only Kallis could score a monster innings of 189*- the only century of the match- and come away with all kinds of criticism thrown at him. What bollocks.
Monster indeed.. So much so that his own captain thought him batting on was a disadvantage to his team and their chances of winning... 8-)

bagapath

International Captain
Please stop this bickering, all of you.
yeah. that poor bastard has realized his shortcomings and he is trying to score faster these days. give him a chance. (though I think it is too late in the day for him to become a better batsman)

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah. that poor bastard has realized his shortcomings and he is trying to score faster these days. give him a chance.
I understand all that and honestly, I rate Kallis higher than people would assume from this thread.. I rate his knock against Murali in the 1998 Champions Trophy finals as one of the most destructive ODI knocks I have ever seen.. He calculated and went after Murali and that basically knocked out SL in that match...

But how does any of this make his 189 a better knock, I really fail to understand.. It was just a good knock but way too slow for the circumstances in which it was played and it can be seen by the way the captain declared on him...

Kallis is a great player but it was NOT a great innings..