• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alec Stewart Retires

Craig

World Traveller
No, I just dont read DD columns :P :P

Stewie needs another 620 runs to become Englands leading run scorer in Tests.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
nibblet said:
About time he retired.
Why? He will still be the best Wicket-Keeper/Batsman in England even when he retires. As they say, if your still good enough then age is never a problem, and he's been in top form averaging 55 in his last 17 Test innings. Yes and that includes the Ashes tour in Australia.

A great player and although I didn't get to see much of him before 1999, the last few years have made up for it!

The 100 in his 100th Test
The almost 3 consecutive ODI 100s (ended with a 99)

They just go on and on.

Thank you for giving your life to England Alec, keep enjoying it.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:

Stewie needs another 620 runs to become Englands leading run scorer in Tests.
I can't see him doing that in this series, and his retirement means he won't get another chance. I think he will have to settle for 2nd best. But we can live in the knowledge that he would have made it if he had carried on, he's a fantastic player and he's going to retire whilst he's one of the world's top keeper/batsmen, even at age 40, his powers have not waned.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
620 runs in potentially 10 innings against a pretty ordinary attack (compared with what it used to be like) - I wouldn't necessarily bet against it.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Some guys just carry on and on, Stewie what a legend, he would probably be the best keeper batsman this time next year too.. Cheers for the memories, hope he has a great final series...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:

No problem with me. Everyone gets out of Cricket Web what they want - whether it's news, features, reports, the forum or comedy.

<quack> What did the Australian say when he saw seven kangaroos crossing the road?

<LE> I don't know.

<quack> Look - there are seven Kangaroos.

<LE> I don't get it.

<quack> I haven't finished yet.

<LE> Sorry.

<quack> What did the Australian say when he saw seven black swans crossing the road?

<LE> Tell me.

<quack> Look - there are seven black swans. What did the Australian say when he saw seven ducks crossing the road?

<LE> Look - there are seven ducks?

<quack> No.

<LE> What, then?

<quack> Hello, Ajit. Are you back again?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
luckyeddie said:
What did the Australian say when he saw seven ducks crossing the road?

<LE> Look - there are seven ducks?

<quack> No.

<LE> What, then?

<quack> Hello, Ajit. Are you back again?
Be careful DD. Marc knows people with butcher knives...:)

Craig

World Traveller
In reference to your earlier post LE about your first option about me from space, some people I do know had a theroy that I am from space!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
In reference to your earlier post LE about your first option about me from space, some people I do know had a theroy that I am from space!
It's the antenna that's a give-away - that and a propensity for saying "Take me to your leader". Does your head burst if anyone yodels?

Mine does.