• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rohit Sharma or Ravi Bopara?

masterblaster

International Captain
Not a fan of Rohit Sharma and I think he's not as good a player as he was hyped up to be. I'd certainly rate the likes of Suresh Raina ahead of Rohit Sharma at this stage. Ravi Bopara has a far superior International and First Class record and that is even more creditable given English conditions.

At this early stage in their careers I'd probably be inclined to rate Ravi Bopara higher than Rohit Sharma. It seems that while Bopara has performed to some degree in International Cricket, we're still waiting for Rohit Sharma to start delivering in international cricket.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Rohit Sharma has too much talent to fail, he might do a Sami and start detoriating before delivering but as Broad showed good talent will always come through.

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i guess sharma is a better option in t20s
& Bopara is better at tests
but then bopara only scores agianst Westindies

pasag

RTDAS
Not a fan of Rohit Sharma and I think he's not as good a player as he was hyped up to be. I'd certainly rate the likes of Suresh Raina ahead of Rohit Sharma at this stage. Ravi Bopara has a far superior International and First Class record and that is even more creditable given English conditions.
Really not that tough.

tooextracool

International Coach
Think he's technically pretty good but for some reason hasn't really delivered at the international level. Haven't really had a good look at him though, I've heard that he's struggled with the short ball off late much the same way as Raina but he's still very young so he's got some time to fix that.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Imo, Rohit Sharma looks like a right handed Yuvraj Singh with slightly better defensive play to me when he bats. His shots have got that lazy flow that Yuvraj shows when he plays in the middle overs of an ODI. I dont mind his ODI and T20 selection as long as he doesn't play test matches in the near future for India.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rohit's still young FFS.

My favourite Indian youngster coming up :) Loved him ever since 07 20/20 WC and his tour to Aust here in 07/08 for the ODIs.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Rohit isn't the one to lead the batting scoresheet- he did little, while the bulk of scoring was done by Gilchrist, Gibbs, Symonds and Dwayne Smith. He batted at four and five, with little chance to establish himself. Yet, for some strange reason, we saw him open the innings in all the T20 matches in England, and then at three against NZ. That was a mistake. He'd be fine as a support batsman at four, five and six, rather than a leading top three batsman.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha, like reverse fanboyism going on here; the Indian fans in this thread are the ones saying Rohit is crap!

Myself, in terms of International performance, Bopara. I think Rohit looks potentially a better player but then, Yuvraj is 'potentially' a better player than just about everyone around and we've all seen how that's turned out in relation to a his Test career.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit's still young FFS.

My favourite Indian youngster coming up :) Loved him ever since 07 20/20 WC and his tour to Aust here in 07/08 for the ODIs.
I'd argue they're both young; only two years difference. Similar number of ODI's played and they've been similarly disappointing too.

Last edited: