• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Usain Bolt: Opening Bowler

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Usain Bolt, It was all about Pakistan growing up

baha the world's fastest man, talks about his initial passion of cricket

YouTube - usain bolt cricket

Pakistan has produced the most exciting, mercurial and explosive cricketers. Since 2003, Pakistan cricket seemed starved of such characters, but it seems they are getting back on track. Talent is in no short supply. Best of luck to them.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
That's awesome! Our team in the 90's was one of the most exciting to watch.

This could have gone in the YouTube thread though.

Bloody Hell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
When I was really small, I loved the Pakistan cricket team... I was a bowler, so I really enjoyed watching [Waqar Younis]. I was a big fan until I got older, when I noticed that I should actually support my home team.

The world's fastest man, Jamaica's Usain Bolt, on his first love in cricket - Pakistan and everything Pakistani.

Aug 19, 2009

Could you imagine 6"5' Usain Bolt coming in off the long run opening for the Windies....scary.

Aritro

International Regular
When I was really small, I loved the Pakistan cricket team... I was a bowler, so I really enjoyed watching [Waqar Younis]. I was a big fan until I got older, when I noticed that I should actually support my home team.

The world's fastest man, Jamaica's Usain Bolt, on his first love in cricket - Pakistan and everything Pakistani.

Aug 19, 2009

Could you imagine 6"5' Usain Bolt coming in off the long run opening for the Windies....scary.
Well by his own admission, he wasn't a particularly outstanding fast bowler in his younger days.

EDIT: Well he said he wasn't a great cricketer when I saw him on Letterman. He seems to give himself a more generous appraisal in the video posted by the OP.

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
ya I agree.. Pakistan did produce alot of exciting cricketers in the past.. but recently not many of them...

Pakistani cricket of 90s were as good as the champions but they didn't play as a team.. they weren't united.. wasim and waqar were awsome..