• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is to Blame??

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
I am writing my weekly article for the Taunton Times and it got me thinking about the current air of rebellion at Taunton.

Do you blame the players who are not producing the goods or is it predominantly a case of sack the coach because his methods aren't seemingly effective on the pitch?

I have to also ask about Mr Anderson. I am hoping to interview him before the end of the season for the Taunton Times so I can meet the man that seems to have got some many people's backs up. But a fair point would be to ask - would removing Anderson achieve anything or actually cause further instability? His lack of popularity seems to be beyond question but chopping and changing might not be the way forward. If Anderson was persuaded to go then who would replace him? Giles Clarke? and is this any better?

Having said that, I am probably in favour of a new coach on the grounds that though Mr Shine is very well qualified, a new angle would probably be for the better.

Re the players, does anyone know which players are up for negotiation contract-wise at the end of the year?

Regardless of how things end up at the end of the season my own personal view is that there has to be quite a change. The players in the squad are not good enough when alls said and done otherwise we would be higher. I hope signings are made and the management get tough.

Andre

International Regular
Sounds like there is too much bickering at Taunton to have any sort of success without a mass clean-out.

It seems (from an onlooker such as myself with little knowledge of the club) that Anderson is the main problem - he's putting frustrated fans more and more offside with his antics, so he is first to go.

Then we get to coach Shine - probably fair enough to let him move on aswell - despite the talent of his side, he has had little success.

To complete it, Burns looks unhappy in the job as skipper and the job should be handed over to someone else, possibly Rob Turner.

As for the playing staff, they seem a quality batsman short in the middle/top order. Possibly one of the overseas players should be a quality bat, or they look around the country for a prolific scorer - preferably one who is unlikey to get the call for England.

Anyway, thats my rant :)

Last edited: