• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Remember Dhruv Pandav?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone remember Punjab's Ranji talent who lost his life in a road accident back in 90s?

Name : Dhruv Pandav

I used to follow Ranji Trophy results in "Cricket Samrat" back in 90s and I was a big fan of Dhruv Pandav.

He was a damn talented young lad but unfortunately he died at a very young age...

His name was mentioned here as well :

Cricket Forum: Cricforum - The Cricket Discussion Forum :: View topic - Too harsh on Ganguly ??
I dont remember Dhruv but I do remember his father Mohinder Pandov. I played in a couple of tournaments against him way back in the 70's.

kingkallis

International Coach
I dont remember Dhruv but I do remember his father Mohinder Pandov. I played in a couple of tournaments against him way back in the 70's.
I was hardly 13-14 when he was died in the car accident. Strange enough that nobody follows domestic cricuit as fiercefully!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Do not talk nonsense. It has been close to 20 years since he died. How are people going to remember him and for what ?

rsidhu262a1

Cricket Spectator
Do not talk nonsense. It has been close to 20 years since he died. How are people going to remember him and for what ?
He was an attractive left-handed batsman, full of promise, and at 18 was already being tipped for Test honours. The Indian team observed, two minutes' silence for him before the start of play during the Fifth Test match against Australia in Perth. In November 1987, aged only 13, he made 94 for Punjab against Himachal Pradesh on his debut in the Ranji Trophy - an astonishing achievement - and a year later he hit 137 against Jammu and Kashmir in his third first-class match. He became the youngest player ever to have reached 1,000 runs in the Ranji Trophy when he scored 170, his second century, against Services a few weeks before his death

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woah, at just 13? Incredible. Unlikely it was a case of a dodgy birth cert too because of his background.

rsidhu262a1

Cricket Spectator
Last edited: