• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

chalky

International Debutant
After watching the test at Perth this morning, watching this test has showed me how much better the Sky team (even with Botham) is than the C9 lot.

Much more knowledgable & easier on the ears.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Next time Anderson announces that he's 'the leader of the attack', can someone please remove any sharp objects from my vicinity.

This is looking like SA's to throw away imo.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The West Indian bowler in the Sky studio for Aus-WI this morning (I think it was Colin Croft) said that given the recent injury concerns surrounding every bowler in the attack, and the standard of the bowlers, England going in with only four bowlers + Collingwood on this pitch was a terrible decision. Will be interesting to see how the decision pans out.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad at 7 is much, much more of a recipe for disaster than 4 bowlers IMO.

The fittest (and best) member of the attack got injured, it's just bad luck, **** happens. They still picked something close to the right team for me.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Onions is ok to bowl in 20 minutes anyway. I've got no problem with this attack tbh, they've bowled decently on the whole. Just been some good batting and a pretty flat pitch, which has been exaggerated with an old Kookaburra ball. I'd hope we'll look more threatening with the new ball, especially if Onions is fit to bowl.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not so sure where the whole "SA well on top" thing is coming from. They're 4 down and not that many on the board really.

Add in it's "useless Boucher" (copyright jboss) at 7 and we've surely all but bowled them out?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not so sure where the whole "SA well on top" thing is coming from. They're 4 down and not that many on the board really.
Combination of Kallis & Duminy looking completely untroubled, Anderson & Broad looking out of sorts, Onions apparently crocked and no other seamers in the side.

EDIT
Plus the pitch already showing signs of deteriorating and we'll be batting last.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
100 up with a 6 - bet he hasn't done that very often. Well batted though.
Was probably the worst shot he played as well, totally untroubled by everything, need a wicket early tomorow or we are in real trouble.

Forgot that Broad is actually pretty rubbish an awful lot of the time.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Add in it's "useless Boucher" (copyright jboss) at 7 and we've surely all but bowled them out?
Average (first innings) score at Centurion is 309, uneven bounce already apparent, one fast bowler down and England won the toss.

South Africa will be delighted. Good first session tomorrow and they can bat England out of the game.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Was probably the worst shot he played as well, totally untroubled by everything, need a wicket early tomorow or we are in real trouble.

Forgot that Broad is actually pretty rubbish an awful lot of the time.
It would help if our opening bowlers hadn't sent down several truckloads of pies, and yes we are already looking in deep ****e. If the pitch dos continue to deteriorate as it looks like it already is, then Strauss's insertion will look even more brainless than it does now.
An object lesson in how to hand the initiative to the opposition at the start of a series.