• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

Shri

Mr. Glass
The team has a decent shot at being competitive at the next Ashes in Australia if they keep up their form. Onions, Broad, Anderson and Swann are good enough bowlers to spring a surprise against any opposition.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Granted I haven't seen any of it, but I get the impression we've totally wasted the new ball in these conditions. SA are looking set to be way over par here, aren't they?
Yeah, Broad and Anderson don't make the batsman play nearly enough. Which is why Onions should get the new ball. Makes both left-handers and right-handers play almost every ball.

Conditions really aren't that bowler-friendly though. Think the game's fairly even. Looking at the SA attack, I'm surprised Strauss didn't bat.

Already such an awesome test match.

**** I love cricket in South Africa.
Same.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The team has a decent shot at being competitive at the next Ashes in Australia if they keep up their form. Onions, Broad, Anderson and Swann are good enough bowlers to spring a surprise against any opposition.
Don't think Anderson is or will be. Think he's reached his level and it's a decent bowler who just happens to be mercurial.

Onions is a good bowler. Broad could become a good bowler. Sidebottom if he's properly fit is a good bowler. Swann is a good bowler.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Granted I haven't seen any of it, but I get the impression we've totally wasted the new ball in these conditions. SA are looking set to be way over par here, aren't they?
Nah, nowt much in the pitch, and we've bowled quite well really. Just a little frustrating that our best bowler (by a country mile in this innings) wasn't allowed the new ball or a third slip.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Enjoying this match heaps, loving the Sky Sports commentary, wonder if he should have dived hmm..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Reckon Swann has a chance to get De Villiers LBW with a bit of drift he is getting into him.
Can't see it happening, I think AB's footwork and form is too good for Swann to completely beat him. Not saying he will not get caught though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't De Villiers nick the second ball of Collingwood's over into Prior's gloves? Or is it just me?

chalky

International Debutant
England definately looking a bowler short at the moment, looks like the pitch fooled everybody

Last edited: