• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best one day matches of all time!!

Deja moo

International Captain
icc nokout.......ind-zim.....ok, it was ind and it was zim, but how often does one see a number 7 hit a century after the likes of tendulkar ,sehwag, ganguly, dravid and yuvi singh have perished to the most atrocious shots , and that too against zim?

It didnt end there....andy flower threatening to steal the match on his own with a masterclass 145...but falling just short..

Come to think of it both matches preceding and following this one were classics too..^^^^^^^^
ind vs eng natwest final and,
ind vs eng icc nokout ( ind chasing 269 in just 40 overs!)

Deja moo

International Captain
.............and who could forget the match following that...........
icc nokout semi...ind vs saf.......saf losing from a most unassailable position.....sehwag following up on his century against eng with a miserly bowling performance in the last 10 overs in this match......pollock was too embarrased to even look the post match presenter in the eye....gibbs should have been kicked by all his teammates for retiring hurt..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
orangepitch said:
gibbs should have been kicked by all his teammates for retiring hurt..
Why? If he's hurt, he's hurt. Why leave him in and risk him getting further hurt? The people who should be kicked are the following batsmen.

Rich2001

International Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
yes, classic is good.
but brutal is BETTER! (WC2003 final: ponting)
I don't think they will come anymore Brutal that that Surrey vs Glamorgan match last season, however that isn't a ODI (even though the title doesn't specify ;) )

Rich2001

International Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
was that the 400+ match?
Yep

Surrey: 438/5 (50 Overs) - A Brown 268 (160) 30 4's and 12 6's, I Ward 97 (95); S Thomas 3/108 (9)

Glamorgan: 429 (49.5 Overs) - R Croft 119 (69), D Hemp 102 (88), S Thomas 71 (41); A Hollioake 5/77

Full Scorecard

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
What the exact dimensions were, I'm not sure. Reports suggest that it was a mere 55 yards 'on one side' but what the others were?

Anyway, here's a BBC report with some interesting links about the C&G game in question

Allys record

V Reddy

International Debutant
The bowling must have really poor on that day.I thought India's bowling performance in the final was one of the worst :O

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bevo's match at the SCG a few years ago was quite a game. It's still the greatest non-hundred knocks I've seen.

NZ vs SA at the Gabba a few years ago when SA won the match by one lousy run. I thought NZ were dead and buried with 8-an-over required for around 20 overs but Chris Cairns was simply amazing. I still remember his six over cover - brutal.

India vs Pakistan, 1996 WC - awesome hitting from Jadeja and some great batting early on from Sidhu mixed with some superb bowling from Kumble. That was a match with feeling (I don't remember one batsman who didn't get a send-off!)

luckyeddie - I've got footage of Viv's 189 and it must have been something special. Too bad I was only 5 at the time!