• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe - are they on their way back up?

Should Zimbabwe get back their test status?

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know this sounds kinda dumb, but Zimbabwe look to be on the improve. Vermulen and Coventry have returned, their performances are better, the country looks to be in better political state, Peter Chingoka may go as ZCU President, Barney Rogers, Trevor Gripper, Douglas Mariller, Campbell MacMillan, Dion Ebrahim, Terry Duffin, Andy Blignaut and Gavin Ewing may go back to the fold (and there's probably more).

So, should they get their test status back?

Chubb

International Regular
Not yet, because a lot of this stuff is rumour. If some of those blokes come back, then they should. I'm biased of course, but they'd compete with the recent Windies team, and give the Bangladeshis a run. Things are certainly better in the administration now, but results will have to come.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Given they just got thumped 4-1 at home by Bangladesh in ODIs and thier Second XI is losing to Afghanistan, I reckon I'll go with no on this one.

There are more positive signs of late but there are just as many negative ones. For a change, the positive ones seem to the off the field and the negatives ones on it.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
very difficult for them
although i do know that they were pushed to a corner by some interntional politics

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given they just got thumped 4-1 at home by Bangladesh in ODIs and thier Second XI is losing to Afghanistan, I reckon I'll go with no on this one.

There are more positive signs of late but there are just as many negative ones. For a change, the positive ones seem to the off the field and the negatives ones on it.
Good point. I still think, however, that the performances will come. Work's been done off the field, with many ex-players coming back, but they still need to perform. Zimbabwe need a couple of good seamers to compete, IMO.