• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sajid Mahmood was used, very successfully, as a middle-overs bowler this season for Lancs. They've seemingly concluded that he doesn't have the accuracy to bowl during powerplays but if you get him on around the 20th over he can still pick up a lot of wickets in the middle overs.

It was a nice bit of enterprise from Moores, Chapple and co, brought them a lot of success earlier this serason. There's a bit of a formula in OD cricket to have your fastest men opening the bowling and medium-pacers ticking over in the middle. I guarantee if he was brought into the England team they'd cast him as an opening bowler and make him open, contrary to what's finally brought him success at county level. They did it with Mascarenhas, only the other way round. No way on earth he's a middle-overs man.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That useless sack of crap is always talked up. He was awful during the Lions tour to New Zealand and next thing he's in contention for a Test spot.

Onions you can't take much notice of his record because he's improved massively in the last season or two. But he simply has to play some limited overs stuff first before you can say whether it has carried over to that format or not.
Mahmood should be in the ODI side, no question about it.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How did Dimi bowl today? Same figures as the last match glad he got as early as the 9th over. Hope he gets to go to the champions trophy

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I always hated Rauf................he is a total disappointment and a bad name for Pak after Dar has been quite good.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly, we're a one man batting team and he gets seen off completely:laugh:

This series just gets betterer and betterer for us:wacko:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bopara to make 120.
:laugh:

About as likely as seeing Kevin Pietersen walk out at 4 with Jonathan Trott at 5 tonight. Ravi'll look in good nick, play a few nice shots, look pretty and then hit one in the air to one of the few boundary fielders for about 20. I'd love nothing more than to see Ravi get a big match-winning hundred, but it's really not going to happen.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I just don't get why Paine has been thrown in the deep end and made to open. It's pretty clear he's not good enough to do it yet, why not ease him in down the order? Even Haddin had heaps of time to settle down in the middle order before being asked to do it.
Presuming someone has quoted this already?

King Pietersen

International Captain
And it's not strictly a fail yet either, as he's still out there :D

I seriously do not see how we're going to chase this with Strauss gone for 0. This batting line-up are looking seriously weak. Just glad Collingwood's not in there anymore, would have made it even more depressing seeing him scratch around,

Last edited: