• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bresnan's really useless, isn't he. Vaughan's trying to be diplomatic on TMS, but he's fooling nobody.

btw I've only just latched onto the fact that the bowling side can cho . ose the timing of the second powerplay. Is there a restriction on this? Otherwise,I rather like the idea of Strauss calling it really late in the innings when there wouldn't be time for Aus to then claim their five, or when the tail should be batting

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bresnan's really useless, isn't he. Vaughan's trying to be diplomatic on TMS, but he's fooling nobody.

btw I've only just latched onto the fact that the bowling side can cho . ose the timing of the second powerplay. Is there a restriction on this? Otherwise,I rather like the idea of Strauss calling it really late in the innings when there wouldn't be time for Aus to then claim their five, or when the tail should be batting
If both powerplays are still available at the last 10 overs then the last ten overs will be power plays.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yes that's usually Strauss' strategy, when England are batting at least.

Would need to be a 100 over innings for Australia's tail to get a go.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Mr. Cricket is really due for runs today............he needs to score big now...he has been a disappointment for too long.

Aussie opening needs a lot of improvement......

And why the heck is Ryan Sidebottom still in the team...........

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

The third powerplay can come before the second one though, if that makes sense. :p

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
^ After winning the last Ashes, England team faced a very down time............it almost felt like the English players did not really care about anything other then Ashes...until their lack of intensity saw them getting thumped in Australia 5-0. Now i am expecting something similar....Freddie was all the muscel English had in their team. Now he is gone......expect another era of lack of intensity and thumping in the next Ashes in Australia.......

Athlai

Not Terrible
People have been complaining about how bad this series has been, but you can't really fault Australia. They have been incredibly clincal.

England have just never really been able to put up a fight. Excellent batting performance here.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People have been complaining about how bad this series has been, but you can't really fault Australia. They have been incredibly clincal.

England have just never really been able to put up a fight. Excellent batting performance here.
The last three batting performances from OZ have been excellent, but it just goes to show that their earlier performances were as poor as they looked. Any half-decent side should be slaughtering this England outfit.

Still glad the Comms on TMS and Sky keep on going on about Rashid being dropped, because that clearly is the biggest selectorial issue over this England side8-)