• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

stumpski

International Captain
Cricketeurope is giving the score as '94 all out' with McCallan still to bat. They've been a wicket ahead for a while though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Needed less than 50 off the last ten, six wickets in hand and three overs are bowled from Shah, yet Ireland lose and it looks like a comfortable win for England.

kingkallis

International Coach
Needed less than 50 off the last ten, six wickets in hand and three overs are bowled from Shah, yet Ireland lose and it looks like a comfortable win for England.
They didnt try to accelerate in the middle and that has costed them the game!

O'Brien or Mooney should have gone for their shots earlier...

Anyways well done England :D

Last edited:

11cricket

Cricket Spectator
Fri Aug 28
Only ODI - Scotland v Australia
Grange Cricket Club Ground, Raeburn Place, Edinburgh

Sun Aug 30
1st T20I - England v Australia
Old Trafford, Manchester

Tue Sep 1
2nd Twenty20 International - England v Australia
Old Trafford, Manchester

Fri Sep 4
1st ODI - England v Australia
Kennington Oval, London

Sun Sep 6
2nd ODI - England v Australia
Lord's, London

Wed Sep 9
3rd ODI - England v Australia
The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Sat Sep 12
4th ODI - England v Australia
Lord's, London

Tue Sep 15
5th ODI - England v Australia
Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Thu Sep 17
6th ODI - England v Australia
Trent Bridge, Nottingham N/A

Sun Sep 20
7th ODI - England v Australia
Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
England won this series against Australia...........

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right, we've won now, so it's not whinging coming from a loser. Something has to be done about the D/L thing with chasing now teams are used to 20/20. Ireland should of pissed it.

Oh and ****ing England have got to learn to bowl first when the forecast is for rain, *****8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Always amuses me when Shah does well with the ball. Honestly reckon he's the worst bowler who turns his arm over semi-regularly. Suppose if he doesn't know where it's going to land the batsmen must have NFC.

Top score for Denly on debut, I note. Not exactly charging along with the run rate tho.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Always amuses me when Shah does well with the ball. Honestly reckon he's the worst bowler who turns his arm over semi-regularly. Suppose if he doesn't know where it's going to land the batsmen must have NFC.

Top score for Denly on debut, I note. Not exactly charging along with the run rate tho.
Yeah, took a decent haul the other week in the P40 as well didn't he? Always looks absolute gash to me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right, we've won now, so it's not whinging coming from a loser. Something has to be done about the D/L thing with chasing now teams are used to 20/20. Ireland should of pissed it.

Oh and ****ing England have got to learn to bowl first when the forecast is for rain, *****8-)
Yeah, we got a fairly easy chase against Windies earlier in the year, and of course there was the farce that helped us on our way out of the T20 cup. Obviously our score was below par, but that target, well, I don't think it was reasonable

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Denly looked pretty crap, tbh. I've seen him before and been impressed but today he just happened to be the batsman who missed the balls everyone else edged.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh I do hate this 'brave' **** in headlines, happens any time the jocks narrowly lose in particular. Ireland choked on a piss easy target ffs got **** all to do with being brave.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh I do hate this 'brave' **** in headlines, happens any time the jocks narrowly lose in particular. Ireland choked on a piss easy target ffs got **** all to do with being brave.
I completely agree. Some media bell-ends are amazed that we can somehow compete at cricket, but playing at home to a weakened England side we should be looking to win, not compete. I can't be too harsh on them for choking, because they only got themselves into such a strong position with some fantastic cricket in the field. I just never want Ireland to end up like Bangladesh, where we lose 48 matches in a row and then when we get anywhere near having a chance at winning everyone comments on how "encouraging" and "valiant" the performance was.