• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As TT Boy has been saying, the lights are getting ever darker for Brax. If he doesn't start picking up wickets with the new ball, he has little value, and should be replaced by someone like Bollinger.

He's shown in a few matches that he an still be a wicket-taking option, but for the most part in the last year or so, he's just been placing the pill there. Which doesn't cut it, so to speak.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
As TT Boy has been saying, the lights are getting ever darker for Brax. If he doesn't start picking up wickets with the new ball, he has little value, and should be replaced by someone like Bollinger.

He's shown in a few matches that he an still be a wicket-taking option, but for the most part in the last year or so, he's just been placing the pill there. Which doesn't cut it, so to speak.
But then, it must be taken into account that he has one of the all time ODI records and he may just be going through a patch of poor form.

inbox24

International Debutant
Hmm about 60 runs short, but good eff0rt anyway guys. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, professional sport is all about having fun and trying.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Our best bowler doesn't comeplete his overs again....

Divs in the commentary box advocating playing Rashid ahead of Swann if we play one spinner, according to them, no reason it shouldn't happen, Swann is easier to milk apparently

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They do go for the hype a lot, the commentary team. I enjoy listening to them, generally, but I'm glad they aren't selectors.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
But then, it must be taken into account that he has one of the all time ODI records and he may just be going through a patch of poor form.
Except that cricket isn't played on paper...

In One Day Cricket he has all but lost 5-10kms of pace and the ability to swing the ball in most conditions.

Blewett giving a reasonable view of Bracken in First Class Cricket, but completely wrong about the effort ball/bouncer. Bowled it well last season, watched him get Hodge out live, it's got David Hussey and a few Tassies aswell.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
They do go for the hype a lot, the commentary team. I enjoy listening to them, generally, but I'm glad they aren't selectors.
Probably the only people worse than our current selectors tbh. Atherton is probably the only one who doesn't get swept up in it, and I hate him anyway.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
In One Day Cricket he has all but lost 5-10kms of pace and the ability to swing the ball in most conditions.
I know it is not played on paper and I have seen that he has lost a bit of pace but he has just come back from a career threatening injury and although it has been a while, give him some time to work his way back into the standard which he once was. I still believe he is due a period of poor form without people calling for his head.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the commentators should have a 'Trescothick' swear-box. It's three years since the bloke played ODI cricket for England, I think it's long enough ago to not be mentioning him multiple times per game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lee looking very playable atm.
Looking easily blockable, not so easy to score runs off. When the ball's not swinging or seaming, all he can really do is get it down the other end quickly and accurately and let the batsman make a mistake.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I know it is not played on paper and I have seen that he has lost a bit of pace but he has just come back from a career threatening injury and although it has been a while, give him some time to work his way back into the standard which he once was. I still believe he is due a period of poor form without people calling for his head.
It's been over a year and he's 33. He is not working his way back, this is Bracken, and he's not up to it.

EDIT: That said, I thought his first two overs were good bar two deliveries. Actually bowled like a paceman.

Last edited: