• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Has someone flicked the "dire" switch on Prior? Has kept well all summer, but gone to pieces over last half-dozen overs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I thought it worth asking Scaly rather than just looking at stats because he's seen them play a fair bit.

Good stuff from Johnson at the end there, this game is definitely not done, will go to the last over

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Still the worst Australian performance Uppercut? :p

Reckon we're set for another tight finish.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still the worst Australian performance Uppercut? :p

Reckon we're set for another tight finish.
Haha, indeed. While I've been ranting about their direness they've been playing rather well :p

Really though, if they can get to 250 playing as badly as that it suggests to me that conditions are pretty good for batting and England should chase it down reasonably comfortably. It's England though, so they'll probably score at 2 an over for the first 40 then try to hit the next 170 runs in the last ten. Game on.

pasag

RTDAS
Think this is the first time I can remember Mitchell Johnson doing anything useful with the bat in an ODI. This is looking like a really critical innings from him, this could make all the difference.
Easily his best ODI innings ever, though slim pickings on that regard in the format.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When he came out to bat I was going to post saying he's a bit like Vettori, gun lower-order Test bat but not so much in ODIs, then he went and played like that, was very bloody good

Uppercut

I used to think that, but he has been expensive recently for Essex, which is a worry. Looked a total superstar in 2008 though.
Yeah. The concern for me is that he's a good bowler who very occasionally will slog a few runs, but everyone who calls for his inclusion seems to do so on the basis of his batting. Really, his batting is in the class of someone like Graeme Swann, who's already there and isn't being used.

The only difference is that Napier hit all of his runs in that one wild T20 innings.

Uppercut

When he came out to bat I was going to post saying he's a bit like Vettori, gun lower-order Test bat but not so much in ODIs, then he went and played like that, was very bloody good
Batted really well against Sri Lanka in the T20 WC. He can always take spinners apart, but he tends to come in right at the death when fast bowlers are aiming for his toes and there's not much he can do. Not always the best starter.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah. The concern for me is that he's a good bowler who very occasionally will slog a few runs, but everyone who calls for his inclusion seems to do so on the basis of his batting. Really, his batting is in the class of someone like Graeme Swann, who's already there and isn't being used.

The only difference is that Napier hit all of his runs in that one wild T20 innings.
I'd think that'd be most people's concern. However, it must be noted that his batting is coming along and as he gets promoted up the order more often in ODs and bats more in FC cricket, he seems to be getting more runs.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I used to think that, but he has been expensive recently for Essex, which is a worry. Looked a total superstar in 2008 though.
Yeah, but he's bowled at Chelmsford, which is tiny, and he does bowl in the powerplays.

I' just think people underrate his bowling.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, but he's bowled at Chelmsford, which is tiny, and he does bowl in the powerplays.

I' just think people underrate his bowling.
There is no doubt that he can bowl very well. He's quick and gets just enough swing but his recent economy rates are a worry.