Page 41 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Good innings from White so far. I thought three was at least one spot too high for him, particularly coming in after one of the openers went for a duck, but he's looked really assured. He cops a lot of criticism, mainly from Australians, but while I'd rather have Voges in the team I don't think he's that bad as an one-day bat. As long as he doesn't get picked as an allrounder (or heaven forbid, a bowler) I'm fine with him being in the team.
    Haha, biggest jinx.
    ~ Cribbage

Clarke should be sent back to List A cricket.
    Inappropriate signature.
    --Moderators

Can't believe Swann still hasn't had a bowl. Even if he came on in the very next over and bowled unchanged until he finished his ten, he wouldn't bowl out until the 45th, and I doubt Strauss'll want a spinner bowling that late. Safe to assume he won't be bowling ten which is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by inbox24 View Post
    Pathetic batting effort to be honest. Ball's not swinging, no quality bowlers and no massive demons in the pitch, yet they manage to score at 4.5 rpo on a 350 pitch. Disgusting really.
    Like every other ODI we've played over the past year. Not the first time we've got off to a good start either and effed it up.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Ferguson to ton up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Like every other ODI we've played over the past year. Not the first time we've got off to a good start either and effed it up.
    Yeah, so much of it has been down to our inability to do anything against the spinners other gift them wickets. Rashid's bowling has been inconsistent at best today and he's managed 0/15 off 6 which is ridiculous. Which again makes the decision to not be bowling Swann right now even more daft on Strauss's part.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 04-09-2009 at 07:44 AM.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Witnessing the worst of Michael Clarke as a ODI batsman. Australia are in a perfect position to press the advantage, 3/115 after 25, and yet we have a set batsman scoring at 2-3 runs per over against a leg spinner playing his second game and a batsman who pretends to bowl.

It has been frustrating watching Australia self destruct over the past two years. Hopefully we only have to endure 2 more years of this before Tim Nielsen gets a heart attack and Hilditch et al are drafted into the army to fight terrorism overseas and then we can replace them with real people.
    Last edited by inbox24; 04-09-2009 at 07:55 AM.

I enjoy reading vitriol about Clarke more than I enjoy watching him bat.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah, so much of it has been down to our inability to do anything against the spinners other gift them wickets. Rashid's bowling has been inconsistent at best today and he's managed 0/15 off 6 which is ridiculous. Which again makes the decision to not be bowling Swann right now even more daft on Strauss's part.
    Yep, its a bit of a joke really, they seem to want to use Swann only after they've made sure using the others won't work.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    I'm feeling optomistic about our ODI team at the moment. I reckon we could get to be dangerous, like NZ, which would be cool.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Feel free to score some runs, guys. Any time you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    Yep, its a bit of a joke really, they seem to want to use Swann only after they've made sure using the others won't work.
    Let's not complain too much, when the 6th bowler (Colly) is bowling well and the RR is down it makes sense to get a few overs out of the way. We've got seven overs to play with now that Sidey and Anderson don't have to bowl at the death. So what if a couple of those are taken off Swann's account?

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    I'm feeling optomistic about our ODI team at the moment. I reckon we could get to be dangerous, like NZ, which would be cool.
    Dangerous but always brushed aside whenever it matters? Err not what I'm looking for. Obviously KP coming back will make the side look better, as will Flintoff *if* he gets back to being fit.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Think England's bowling isn't too bad, it's reasonably disciplined. If you could pick a batting line-up mooted a few times in this thread (chuck in KP, Trott, etc.) then it could be a top 4 side. Don't have the match winners to be at the top of the tree.

Thread Information