• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

inbox24

International Debutant
Voges is not in the OD squad, only White is. As much as bits and pieces Hopes is, he's a bit (pun intended) ahead of White in terms of worth to the team.

pup11

International Coach
Voges is not in the OD squad, only White is. As much as bits and pieces Hopes is, he's a bit (pun intended) ahead of White in terms of worth to the team.
Yeah, sorry for that mate, just looked into the squad and he isn't there, so that's pretty weird on the part of the selectors, but then such blunders don't surprise me any more.

Though in Hopes' case, I really think you need to get you facts right, he been a very steady contributer to the Aussie ODI side for a while now, and its really not his fault that he is being made to bat at no.8 in the side, where he is clearly pretty useless, but still despite that in recent times he has played some handy knocks for us in RSA and as well as in UAE.

With the ball, in most games he has bowled his 10 overs pretty economically and has also contributed decently in terms of wickets, so really he hardly deserves this kind of flak.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Its best to bat hopes at 7 for the balance of he side,when we played hopes at 8 we played no spinner,and hauritz is defnitely up for the one day side.
White will have to fight hopes for the position as wouldn't bat him at 6,higher or at 8.

stumpski

International Captain
Who is showing the England Ireland game?
I was just wondering that; it never occurred to me that Sky might not be showing it. The short answer is probably 'nobody' (except that doesn't it have to be televised for them to have 3rd umpire decisions? You would think so). Hardly an ideal state of affairs in this day and age, but I suppose the ICC can't compel TV stations to show matches if they don't want to.

I suppose this means Scotland - Australia won't be shown either.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BBC Scotland are showing that one on Friday - don't think anyone is showing tomorrow's, not even TMS.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting to see who the Beeb bring in to commentate. Last time they had cricket on (India vs Scotland), they had a woman (think of West Indian origin) who was unforgettably bad.

Shame England isn't on TV but I believe that was the case when they faced Ireland previously.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Poor display, surely if Sky stuck it on it would get a few viewers, rather than whatever it is they will be showing in the daytime? I'm sure it wouldn't cost them too much to buy the rights for this?

Don't think it was shown when we played them three years back either.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seems a bit strange that, to me.

Nevermind, wouldn't have been able to watch anyway

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As with the ashes scheduling query earlier in the summer, I decided to put this to the ECB so hopefully they'll give me a satisfactory reason :laugh:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was browsing Cricinfo today. I've always known Symonds is a very very good T20 player but his record is exceptional. Averages >40 with a SR of 172 IIRC. Puts Chris Gayle to shame.
Disappointing with all of his discipline issues, terrific limited overs batsman. Wish I got to see more of him. Remember him bodychecking that streaker :laugh: Great stuff.

howardj

International Coach
Why the **** is Ponting back in Australia?

I love the guy like a brother, but seriously if he's going to come home in the middle of ODI and T20 tours (like he did against Pakistan where he skipped the whole tour back in March and like he's done here) then I really think they should hand the captaincy to Clarke in the shorter forms of the game, which would give him some experience for when he inevitably assumes the Test reins in a couple of years.

Ponting is paid to play cricket, and in my view should not be coming home in the middle of tours, particularly after already having had a six week break earlier in the year after the SA tour.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Why the **** is Ponting back in Australia?

I love the guy like a brother, but seriously if he's going to come home in the middle of ODI and T20 tours (like he did against Pakistan where he skipped the whole tour back in March and like he's done here) then I really think they should hand the captaincy to Clarke in the shorter forms of the game, which would give him some experience for when he inevitably assumes the Test reins in a couple of years.

Ponting is paid to play cricket, and in my view should not be coming home in the middle of tours, particularly after already having had a six week break earlier in the year after the SA tour.
Yeah i heard he was back for a quick family visit. Poor form imo missing a couple of matches and not being with the team after losing a series. Poor leadership.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The weather's great here but showers are forecast for later. I'll head down anyway in an hour or so and hopefully see a full game.

Boyd Rankin's out with a groin strain. Big blow.