• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha @ Johnson getting beaten for pace by a jockish medium

Hmm Cricinfo have decided to add 19 to Australia's total.

pasag

RTDAS
I don't understand why Johnson has never done anything with the bat in ODI cricket. Almost a tailender in the format, statistically anyways,

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Somewhat underwhelming ending from Australia once Dussey got out.

Should be interesting to see how the jocks cope with three 90mph+ bowlers.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Thought Lee bowled well. Don't know what his pace was like as the BBC's coverage couldn't afford a speed gun and was strictly no-frills but he seemed to rush all the Scottish batsman and got the ball to move in the air and off the pitch. Nannes did ok as well. Good showing from him in the 20/20's and Bracken will find his ODI place under real threat.

Watson got a few freebie wickets but I'll doubt you will be able to get more than five overs from him at the moment.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, does Voges' innings have the most 6s without hitting a 4 in an ODI?
Cricinfo dont keep that record. The most 6's in an innings only goes down to 7. At 7 6's in an innings Ricky Ponting (108*) and Chigumbura (77) have both hit just 1 boundary. So i would guess that someone has quite possibly hit more.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand why Johnson has never done anything with the bat in ODI cricket. Almost a tailender in the format, statistically anyways,
Indeed. I would tend to think the problem is because he never had a chance to really build an innings, since he usually comes in late & has to slog - thus getting out tamely. Would expect him to correct that flaw in the near future, if he comes in with AUS 100/6 in a game for example.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm really looking forward to this match, just got back off holiday so an afternoon on the sofa will be great. Hope there's plenty of runs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bit strange having a Twenty20 game during the day.
Not at the weekend. Bank Holiday here so Sunday afternoon makes a fair bit of sense, barring the clash with the footy which will take a fair few TV viewers away