• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

Redbacks

International Captain
Maybe we should let England win the 7th ODI, save our post Ashes whitewash response for the next test series :ph34r:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Why did the bird cross the road?

(Answers on a postcard to The Scary Man Ogling Her, This Side of the Road, Sydney, Aust)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Was such a good match, Ponting was brutal.

Loving the classiness of dissing Bracken's looks. Perhaps you should a) post a picture of your stunning looking selves for us to all admire and/or b) get a wife hotter than his before you hide behind your keyboard while you wait for your Mum to do your laundry/dishes/etc.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Loving the classiness of dissing Bracken's looks. Perhaps you should a) post a picture of your stunning looking selves for us to all admire and/or b) get a wife hotter than his before you hide behind your keyboard while you wait for your Mum to do your laundry/dishes/etc.
No idea what this is about (I haven't been following either the game or this thread) but the simple fact is that Bracken looks like Ted Danson. There's no debate, it's fact. In a similar vein, Shane Watson looks like Patrick Swayze, except that Waston is (a) worse at dancing and (b) less dead.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:laugh:

TBF I did get my disclaimer in at the outset:

Matt asking the difficult questions, if somewhat agrammatically.

Sidebottom, for mine, but ironically Bracken looks worse with his. Although whatever haircut he goes for is just polishing a turd, pretty much. He said from the safety of his glass house.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No idea what this is about (I haven't been following either the game or this thread) but the simple fact is that Bracken looks like Ted Danson. There's no debate, it's fact. In a similar vein, Shane Watson looks like Patrick Swayze, except that Waston is (a) worse at dancing and (b) less dead.
Bracken = Amelie Mauresmo, imo.

Edit: as already noted by others a few pages back.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
So happy with last night's death batting efforts. When Paine was approaching his 100 things were really slowing down and 250 looked possible, our main weakness over the past two years has been launching at the end of an innings, to finally pull one off is awesome tstl. Bring on 7-0.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
When Haddin comes back, is there a possibility of keeping Paine at the top of the order and whacking Haddin somewhere in the middle? Obviously he's not been proven against a decent bowling attack, but really it'd only come down to him and Marsh. I don't really want to see Clarke return to the top of the order.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When Haddin comes back, is there a possibility of keeping Paine at the top of the order and whacking Haddin somewhere in the middle? Obviously he's not been proven against a decent bowling attack, but really it'd only come down to him and Marsh. I don't really want to see Clarke return to the top of the order.
Why would it mean that Clarke would go to the top? Just replace Paine with Haddin.

Watson
Haddin+
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Ferguson
Hopes/White
Hauritz
Johnson
Lee
Bracken

With Hussey and Ferguson's positions maybe the other way around. Might be forgetting some others, but I can't see Marsh making his way into the side at the moment.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Am hoping it won't be long until Johnson gets the new-cherry, and Bracken officially becomes the change-bowler he has become.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Impressed by Paine last night. Sensible, mature innings in which big totals are made around.

Is clearly the number 2 wicket-keeper in OD for Australia, but I was worried this series would show him up to be abit green, both with the bat and behind the stumps. I believe he is one of those cricketers who will come into his own the more experience he gets, especially at first class level.

To his credit he has performed his role exceptionally well this series. Clean behind the stumps, his stumping off Bracken a highlight. Improved with the bat as the series rolled on, inconsistent early on, but I find it hard to imagine Haddin performing much better.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Impressed by Paine last night. Sensible, mature innings in which big totals are made around.

Is clearly the number 2 wicket-keeper in OD for Australia, but I was worried this series would show him up to be abit green, both with the bat and behind the stumps. I believe he is one of those cricketers who will come into his own the more experience he gets, especially at first class level.

To his credit he has performed his role exceptionally well this series. Clean behind the stumps, his stumping off Bracken a highlight. Improved with the bat as the series rolled on, inconsistent early on, but I find it hard to imagine Haddin performing much better.
Stats against minnows don't count iirc.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Possible overhaul of County List-A cricket...

The way I see it, there are far too many games bunched together in such a short space of time, that way players are not being prepared to get the best out of themselves, or to work on more specific skills i.e counteracting genuine quick bowlers (Lee, Steyn) in the shorter form.

I just feel the current domestic cricket does not much to promote England to move forward in the near future.
You can't blame domestic cricket when the best domestic OD performers have all been ignored for this series.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The new look England batting line up does look good on paper, it is a shame that it is such a disaster. I think Bopara can't have too many more opportunities stashed up his sleeve for the time being. Denly is young and I think can be stuck with but Shah needs to pull his finger out sooner rather than later or he might have to go in the long term too.

The bowling attack is a strategic disaster, itbt, although the exit of Rashid has helped this. Bresnan is not an ODI first change, and while he plays as such, England suffer massive damage by going for runs whilst not taking wickets in anywhere between 6 and 10 overs.
What batting line up are you looking at?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am hoping it won't be long until Johnson gets the new-cherry, and Bracken officially becomes the change-bowler he has become.
I liked how Ponting used him in this match- on for one over at the start, ball not swinging, get him off. I think the ineffectiveness of his opening spells has as much to do with the current white ball's failure to move as it has to do with a decline in Bracken as a bowler.