Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Zimbabwe Domestic Cricket Season

Cricket Spectator Mupariwa_Magic's Avatar

**Official** Zimbabwe Domestic Cricket Season

There aren't many Zimbabweans on here but I thought I'd make a thread anyway.

There are 5 new franchise teams, which include:
    Mashonaland Eagles - Captained by Elton Chigumbura
    Matabeleland Tuskers - Captained by Tawanda Mupariwa
    Mountaineers - Captained by Hamilton Masakadza
    Southern Rocks - Captained by Chamunorwa Chibhabha
    Midwest Rhinos - Captained by Edward Rainsford

The squads have not been confirmed yet.. and they should be announced soon.

I'm really looking forward to this season of Zimbabwe Domestic Season and I will be supporting the Matabeleland Tuskers.
    Tawanda Mupariwa - Your Favourite Bowler

Proudly Believing in Hope, Proudly supporting Zimbabwe

I was actually going to start this thread yesterday but I never got around to it. Good to know there will be someone other than Chubb, myself and TT Boy posting in this thread.

I haven't paid much attention to the Logan Cup over the last few years because it's been a five-round season spread out over a ridiculous amount of time with very little coverage, unavailable players and regularly postponed games all part and parcel. National selection has been based more on net form and local grade competitions than this competition which shows just how low it got.

However, this is either really exciting or really optomisitic on ZC's behalf. This will be a full twenty-round season in which team plays 16 First Class games and 16 one dayers followed by a Twenty20 comp contested between the best players in the country. There are even players coming back for this - Rogers, Marillier, Duffin, Macmillan, Ewing and Gripper's names have all been tossed around. Although I'm a tad sceptical it'll all come about as has been advertised, I can't help but be quite excited at the prospect of the whole thing. Hopefully it all goes to plan.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 19-08-2009 at 12:21 AM.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Pinball Champion!
    Sweet, the seeds of recovery are being sown? The franchise system, although I don't really like it, is good for the game.. I assume the "Mountaineers" play out of Mutare?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I was actually going to start this thread yesterday but I never got around to it. Good to know there will be someone other than Chubb, myself and TT Boy posting in this thread.

I haven't paid much attention to the Logan Cup over the last few years because it's been a five-round season spread out over a ridiculous amount of time with very little coverage, unavailable players and regularly postponed games all part and parcel. National selection has been based more on net form and local grade competitions than this competition which shows just how low it got.

However, this is either really exciting or really optomisitic on ZC's behalf. A full twenty-round season in which team played 16 First Class games and 16 one dayers followed by a Twenty20 comp contested between the best players in the country. There are even players coming back for this - Rogers, Marillier, Duffin, Macmillan, Ewing and Gripper's names have all been tossed around. Although I'm a tad sceptical it'll all come about as has been advertised, I can't help but be quite excited at the prospect of the whole thing. Hopefully it all goes to plan.
    Good to hear Prince EWS, I'm really looking forward to this years domestic cricket season as well.
    Are you a Zimbabwe cricket fan?

Pinball Champion!
    That was shown on Supersport, does that mean we'll be getting TV coverage down here?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mupariwa_Magic View Post
    Are you a Zimbabwe cricket fan?
    You could say that, yeah. I was born in (and live in) Australia to Australian/English parentage but I've always taken a keen interest in Zimbabwean cricket and cheer the national team on.

I guess you could say I was a glutton for punishment although it makes the good times all the more fulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    That was shown on Supersport, does that mean we'll be getting TV coverage down here?!
    It was shown during one of the recent ODIs against Bangladesh, so I'm not sure if it was an actual ad for the competition because they'll be televising it, or just background information for context.

I definitely hope so though, because SuperSport would be a lot easier to get hold of in Sydney than whatever it'd be televised on in Zimbabwe (if at all).

Pinball Champion!

I definitely hope so though, because SuperSport would be a lot easier to get hold of in Sydney than whatever it'd be televised on in Zimbabwe (if at all).
    That would be Supersport as well AFAIK

You could say that, yeah. I was born in (and live in) Australia to Australian/English parentage but I've always taken a keen interest in Zimbabwean cricket and cheer the national team on.

I guess you could say I was a glutton for punishment although it makes the good times all the more fulfilling.
    Good to hear mate, what team will you be supporting in the domestic season?

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    That would be Supersport as well AFAIK
    Ahh okay, fair enough. Reckon you might get a few of the one dayers then; just a hunch though.

Good to hear mate, what team will you be supporting in the domestic season?
    Leaning towards the Tuskers at this point but I'll wait for the full squad announcements before finalising that.

Does anyone have current squads? Also, which teams will be playing in Harare and which teams home ground is in Bulawayo.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Does anyone have current squads? Also, which teams will be playing in Harare and which teams home ground is in Bulawayo.
    Squads haven't been named yet.

Eagles will be based in Harare, Tuskers in Bulawayo.

There aren't many Zimbabweans on here but I thought I'd make a thread anyway.

There are 5 new franchise teams, which include:
    Mashonaland Eagles - Captained by Elton Chigumbura
    Matabeleland Tuskers - Captained by Tawanda Mupariwa
    Mountaineers - Captained by Hamilton Masakadza
    Southern Rocks - Captained by Chamunorwa Chibhabha
    Midwest Rhinos - Captained by Edward Rainsford

The squads have not been confirmed yet.. and they should be announced soon.

I'm really looking forward to this season of Zimbabwe Domestic Season and I will be supporting the Matabeleland Tuskers.
    Good to see a real Zimbo on here. Are you on brmtaylor.com?

I am quite looking forward to the franchise competition. Things have improved in the cricket administration since Coltart took over at the sports ministry. Can see Mash winning once again though.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information