• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Willis

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Does anybody know if there are any videos of Bob Wllis' Bobby Dazlers off cricket AM doing the rounds on the net becasue i can't find any and i have a sudden urge to watch one

stumpski

International Captain

:laugh: That's not quite what he meant.

On Sky's Saturday morning show 'Cricket AM' (which, along with 'Cricket Writers on TV', seems to have fallen victim to the return of football), Willis dons a game-show host's glitzy jacket and runs down some of the best performances of the week, often with a manic grin that seems somewhat at odds with his lugubrious image.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: That's not quite what he meant.

On Sky's Saturday morning show 'Cricket AM' (which, along with 'Cricket Writers on TV', seems to have fallen victim to the return of football), Willis dons a game-show host's glitzy jacket and runs down some of the best performances of the week, often with a manic grin that seems somewhat at odds with his lugubrious image.
Ha ha. Stupid old me I guess.

stumpski

International Captain
You haven't missed much, tbh. Seems to be a show aimed mostly at under-16s and Twenty20 fans. 'CWoTV' is much better.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to believe but Cricket AM is more juvenile than Soccer AM. Unwatchable (cheap) TV.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cricket Writers on TV is a great show though. Shame it only runs for two months, would have been an epic one last Sunday.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cricket Writers on TV is a great show though. Shame it only runs for two months, would have been an epic one last Sunday.
Indeed. The Sunday Supplement that replaces it makes me inwardly retch too. Football writers (with a few noteable exceptions) seem to prove the old adage that it's not what you know, but how big a prick you are.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It is a shame because I am never up on a Sunday morning and have usually left for cricket/getting ready when the repeat is on. Seen it a few times, it is okay but I feel the whole atmosphere is a bit dull. Paul Allott, who I believe presents it (may be wrong here), is tremendously annoying too.

There are some interesting views exchanged though, from what I've seen. However, especially regarding English cricket, I often have little time for views beside my own and so I grow to very much dislike the odd journalist.

And also, who the hell does Stephen Brenkley (sp?), of the Independent, think he is. He seems to act like he is something special whereas he is on par with Dean Wilson in terms of cluelessness.