• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib Al Hasan vs The Great All Rounders

cnerd123

likes this
I think you just don't like fingerspin because you have bad childhood memories of Jim Laker's 19 wicket haul against your lot.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol...you don't even want to know what Sangakkara gets up to when he comes down to little old NZ...

Reckon a lot of the SC stars enjoy their tours down here...they're pretty much anonymous apart from with expats and cricket fans, who aren't that numerous.
Sanga isn't muslim tho

Daemon

All they did was have 1 Test won by SOK and TPC score all their runs.

They were vaguely competitive but that's about it
Yeah but they were competitive against one of the best teams in those conditions ever.

Anyways no point arguing over what mediocre means, I thought they were above average is all.

TheJediBrah

Yeah but they were competitive against one of the best teams in those conditions ever.

Anyways no point arguing over what mediocre means, I thought they were above average is all.
But when this team now got rid of SOK and Smith didn't make any runs what are you left with from the India tour? A bunch of mediocre performers IMO

TheJediBrah

Lyon scored 12 runs for the match and conceded 161 with the ball

that's a performance of negative 149. Wow if you think Wade was bad . . .

absolute disgrace

Daemon

But when this team now got rid of SOK and Smith didn't make any runs what are you left with from the India tour? A bunch of mediocre performers IMO
Smith's still in the team, so even if he had a poor game it doesn't somehow lower the team's overall standard.

Good point wrt SOK.

On Lyon, I thought he bowled very well in India most of the time. Renshaw is gun. Cummins as well. Handscomb is okish. Smith is a God. Overall > mediocre.

Mediocre would be NZ. Below that comes England, SA and WI. Australia are the best of the non-SC countries in these conditions imo.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Smith's still in the team, so even if he had a poor game it doesn't somehow lower the team's overall standard.

Good point wrt SOK.

On Lyon, I thought he bowled very well in India most of the time. Renshaw is gun. Cummins as well. Handscomb is okish. Smith is a God. Overall > mediocre.

Mediocre would be NZ. Below that comes England, SA and WI. Australia are the best of the non-SC countries in these conditions imo.
NZ drew their last series in the UAE, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, although we were terrible in India.