• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka

Flem274*

123/5
Was pretty explosive against Brendan Nash. :p

Flynn will be an interesting one to watch over the season. A domestic one season wonder that hasn't set the world on fire or royally ****ed up yet. Somethings gonna happen either way I feel.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was pretty explosive against Brendan Nash. :p

Flynn will be an interesting one to watch over the season. A domestic one season wonder that hasn't set the world on fire or royally ****ed up yet. Somethings gonna happen either way I feel.
They'll make him open eventually, then he'll fail. It's the New Zealand way.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Even though I believe this is one of the more talented new zealand teams, I think we will struggle in both test matches against a quality Sri lankan outfit.

Winning would be awesome, but I just want some runs/form/confidence from the potentially gun 4 (Guptill, Flynn, Taylor, Ryder)

Flem274*

123/5
Hay from outside the CD team. Worked for Hauritz I guess.
I still remember the "make Hay open because lolz he did it at U19 level so he must be able to move from 4/5 to test opener" phase. Thank you Mark Greatbatch, you did good with the guy to get him to where he er, was, but don't start that idea.

There's always James Marshall I guess.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Nah ya werent. Sorry to break it to ya. :p

Even some Aussie guy on the radio when we were over there wasnt the first to suggest it.
Aww damn :cry:
Not that it's something to be proud of :happy:

I'll take the title of first on CW to jump on the wagon then please :laugh:

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
AHHHH :schmoll:
I should have signed up earlier then, at least I was first in my mind :dry:

Wrong thread, but does anyone reckon that Pigeon fella is the legendary Precam reincarnated? :tongue:

EDIT: Oooo, Tuffey has given Jayawardene the boot

Last edited:

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Only the Debutant Chandimal doing well as a batsmen so far, he has very good reputation as u-19 player, rest of experinced guys have falterd, hard to get a gauge on bowlers excpet look at RPO i guess.

Flem274*

123/5
AHHHH :schmoll:
I should have signed up earlier then, at least I was first in my mind :dry:

Wrong thread, but does anyone reckon that Pigeon fella is the legendary Precam reincarnated? :tongue:

EDIT: Oooo, Tuffey has given Jayawardene the boot
No. He's far too pleasant and intelligent.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
:laugh: Vetorri has no-balled before any of the quicks

EDIT: Is there anywhere other than Cricinfo where I can pick up a scorecard?

Last edited:

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
yeah thought NZ cricket.com would do some better scoring but looks like they just doing the tests as well

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Whoops, the SL XI lost 3 wickets for 4 runs :-O
And Patel got 2 wickets in 2 balls

EDIT: All out for 159, didn't expect us to be batting this early :wacko:
EDIT 2: Thank God, both openers off the mark
EDIT 3: FFS, Guptill bows out on 6

Last edited: