• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What does "Pigeon Toed" mean?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I keep hearing this from the British Radio commentary feed.. They only use it to describe Graham Onions or Glenn mcGrath.. I have never heard of it anywhere else and they never seem to hint at what they might be talking about.. Can anyone shed any light on it, and why do they only use it during the Ashes? Does it mean thin legs, or that they have the bowling ability of a pigeon? I thought that would only apply to Chris Schofield..

Glenn McGrath is not called "pigeon toed" which means feet pointing inward but simply "pigeon" because he has skinny legs like a Pigeon. If the British commentary team refer to McGrath as pigeon toed then they are mistaken.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Glenn McGrath is not called "pigeon toed" which means feet pointing inward but simply "pigeon" because he has skinny legs like a Pigeon. If the British commentary team refer to McGrath as pigeon toed then they are mistaken.
Yeah, don't think this is what the thread is about tbh.

Bronx

Cricket Spectator
Pigeon chested, now that's ****ed up :laugh:

Gun athlete's those guys are though, I had two guys at my school that were pigeon chested and they were gun at everything.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
They kept saying it every ball about Ben Hilfenhaus on Sunday
Yep CMJ repeated it time and time again. He's got a fondness for describing the way bowlers run up. Anderson is always "spring heeled". Merv's run-up was always "mincing".

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yep CMJ repeated it time and time again. He's got a fondness for describing the way bowlers run up. Anderson is always "spring heeled". Merv's run-up was always "mincing".
CMJ is developing into an annoying commentator actually.. Don't rate him as highly as the other radio guys.. I reckon they should give Hayden a full on gig, I think the guy is probably the best of the recent Player turned Commentators

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
CMJ is developing into an annoying commentator actually.. Don't rate him as highly as the other radio guys.. I reckon they should give Hayden a full on gig, I think the guy is probably the best of the recent Player turned Commentators
Developing? He's been around forever. Not as good as Aggers by any stretch, but still does a good job for mine.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fair enough, would rather listen to him than Blofeld most of the time tbh. Now that Richie has stopped working in the UK, I am very much of the opinion that Aggers is the best commentator from both Radio or TV, in I would go so far as to say he is the best commentator from any of the sports I follow.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Fair enough, would rather listen to him than Blofeld most of the time tbh. Now that Richie has stopped working in the UK, I am very much of the opinion that Aggers is the best commentator from both Radio or TV, in I would go so far as to say he is the best commentator from any of the sports I follow.
Aggers with Hayden and Tuffnell Summarising is a bit of a dream team to say the least..

Boycott is annoying me now too, used to be funny.. Now is just too rude for words, Gives the odd bit of grace to a player, but then it's just I did this, I did this, he's not doing this, he's not doing this

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Aggers with Hayden and Tuffnell Summarising is a bit of a dream team to say the least..

Boycott is annoying me now too, used to be funny.. Now is just too rude for words, Gives the odd bit of grace to a player, but then it's just I did this, I did this, he's not doing this, he's not doing this
Boycott is ok, I agree he is very irritating, but most of the points he makes are good, however, once he makes a decent point, he seems to feel the need to repeat what he has said over and over again which is tedious to say the least.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Boycott is ok, I agree he is very irritating, but most of the points he makes are good, however, once he makes a decent point, he seems to feel the need to repeat what he has said over and over again which is tedious to say the least.
And make some kind of reference to how everything was better the way he did it, or during his day.. Apparently he has a daughter who is my age.. Imagine coming home to meet him? I'd be terrified that being a pilot wasn't good enough because I haven't scored 20 of my "oondreds on ooncoovered peaches"

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And make some kind of reference to how everything was better the way he did it, or during his day.. Apparently he has a daughter who is my age.. Imagine coming home to meet him? I'd be terrified that being a pilot wasn't good enough because I haven't scored 20 of my "oondreds on ooncoovered peaches"
Haha I think I would quite enjoy it tbh, maybe i'm weird like that, but at least you could be sure that there wouldn't be any awkward silences, those are the real killer for mine.