• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Geoff Boycott speaks

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The Randall runout hasn't improved with age, has it. I recall some comedian referring to this being the year when Boycs achieved his 100th 100 and his 1000th runout.

Don't suppose you can find any footage of Botham returning the favour in NZ a few months later?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Randall runout hasn't improved with age, has it. I recall some comedian referring to this being the year when Boycs achieved his 100th 100 and his 1000th runout.

Don't suppose you can find any footage of Botham returning the favour in NZ a few months later?
I've never seen that. They showed quite lengthy highlights of the First Test of that series on Grandstand the following Saturday. The Second Test which England won they showed absolutely nothing. I used to watch all the news bulletins hoping for a glimpse of that Test but nothing ever appeared.