• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Test cricket died

Would you continue to watch cricket?

• Total voters

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
I'd watch it occasionally, especially 50 over stuff, but nowhere near as much.

Cricket would simply fall down in my list of sports to watch.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Already watch far more county cricket than Tests, so yes, obviously. Although the question of whether the domestic game could survive without the huge subsidies given by the ECB is another matter.

But while Tests in England, in London at least, continue to sell out 9 months in advance I doubt if there's any need to worry.
Ok, what if only England and Australia were the only test teams left.

Would you get sick of an Ashes series 2 a year?

Or if they kept the same schedule would people actually gain interest in the Ashes. Would it become something like the olympics, world cup or maybe more accurately a British and Irish Lions tour.

Polo23

International Debutant
I'd probably watch ODI's when I could, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so (as I do with tests).

Matt79

Global Moderator
I'd watch Odis if they were on Fta telly - but that's true of most sporting events. Wouldn't make an effort to watch it, read about it or post online about it. Would probably do the same for international T20 matches. Wouldn't watch IPL.

If test cricket was aust and England twice a year, I'd be happy enough.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think I'd slowly lose interest. I'd be pretty disillusioned with a sport that allowed its greatest form to die out.