• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI rejects 'whereabouts' testing

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't say I'd be enormously keen on it either, but I'm not a professional sportsman with expectations on my head.

brockley

International Captain
So does that mean the indians aren't drug tested but the rest are,you are so cool bcci,the icc will never bow to you 8-)

biased indian

International Coach
what they have said is any body wada want for testing wan can be produced with in 24 hours for testing..

due to security threat they feal givng the details of their where abouts is difficult

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are two options:
State your long-held opinion and
Ignore threads about things which you've stated your opinion on before

I could as easily say "GIMH in pro-anti-doping shocker" TBH.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's just so predictable, it's like, all these American sportsmen are on drugs so why shouldn't everyone else be? Ridiculous.

Pigeon

Banned
Yea, if BCCI agrees to produce it's players for testing within 24 hours of notification, that should be fine for me. It's really no-matter.

frdsmth9

Cricket Spectator
BCCI has taken the right stand. The safety and security of our cricketers is of paramount importance to us. And every cricket playing nation has a problem with this rule and we've stood up for the entire cricketing community like a responsible member.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's just so predictable, it's like, all these American sportsmen are on drugs so why shouldn't everyone else be? Ridiculous.
That's not the point. Aside from the fact that I don't see a reason to ban one chemical enhancement while banning another, it's ludicrous to give your schedule three months in advance. No way anybody should sign this.

Great logic, so the terrorist cant read cricket schedules to know exactaly where a player will be in three months time.

Wow, just wow.
Some Indian sportsmen dont feel they are more important than ridding sports of drugs.

Shooter Abhinav Bindra and athlete Anju Bobby George said that there own security and privacy had not been violated in the past. Bindra, India's first individual gold medal winner in the Olympics, said security was not a consideration since the information provided was only going to the concerned officer and was strictly confidential. "Once you have your basic schedule for one quarter ready, you can keep updating the information," Bindra told the Times of India. "There have been instances when I haven't updated the information but then they are not coming to test you every single day. However, as an athlete you have to make a conscious effort to help the testers."

Bobby George, the first Indian athlete to win a medal at the World Championships in Athletics, said penalties were not always imposed for missing tests. "Once during the monsoon, I had to advance my training and was not present at my home when the testers came," she said. "It happened again but luckily I was present when they came looking for me the third time."
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/cont...ory/417419.html

Athlai

Not Terrible
You don't kow much about the what cricket means in India do you. Pretty much compared the Queen to one of those royals no one ****ing knows about that shops at the same supermarket as you do.

Pigeon

Banned
Some Indian sportsmen dont feel they are more important than ridding sports of drugs.
Streetwise said:
security was not a consideration since the information provided was only going to the concerned officer and was strictly confidential
Those two guys mentioned in that have hardly any security risks and not even 1% of threats that are there to the Indian cricketers. So I would not really buy their assessment of security threats.

Secondly, the itnerary of a cricketer is much more complex and unpredictable as compared to shooters or athletes.

Those two guys mentioned in that have hardly any security risks and not even 1% of threats that are there to the Indian cricketers. So I would not really buy their assessment of security threats.

Secondly, the itnerary of a cricketer is much more complex and unpredictable as compared to shooters or athletes.
I just think they are drama queens, The BCCI know where the players are all the time and I think that is a bigger security risk than WADA. Do you think you can just ring up WADA and ask where a sportsman is?. A little bit of common sense should prevail here its not like WADA are going to broadcast the whereabouts of players is it now.