• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI rejects 'whereabouts' testing

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's just so predictable, it's like, all these American sportsmen are on drugs so why shouldn't everyone else be? Ridiculous.
As long as everyone has the same advantages available I've always failed to see why it's a problem. People can make their own choices rather than having some weird arbitrary definition of "this is legal, this is illegal".

WADA have never impressed me much, with their attempts to pretend all sport is exactly the same and should have the same codes. No-one has ever managed to provide me with any example of who and why decides what's illegal and what's legal.

TBH, I just enjoy seeing someone rock a boat which is so ridiculous, regardless of whether the objections are sound or not. Strikes me as stupid to demand to know there whereabouts of people at any given time really, so even if terrorist threats are unfounded (and I really don't know enough to know whether they are or aren't) I don't mind, I just enjoy seeing someone object.

Pigeon

Banned
I just think they are drama queens, The BCCI know where the players are all the time and I think that is a bigger security risk than WADA. Do you think you can just ring up WADA and ask where a sportsman is?. A little bit of common sense should prevail here its not like WADA are going to broadcast the whereabouts of players is it now.
How'd you know that without being an insider on Indian cricketing matters? From whatever I know, the players are not comfortable with having their itinerary records maintained with the WADA but seems to be ok with the BCCi. Tells a tale that is it not?

I clearly don't understand the implication. It is not like as if Indian players are registering their protest because they take drugs is it?

I clearly don't understand the implication. It is not like as if Indian players are registering their protest because they take drugs is it?
What we do know is athletes from 571 sporting organisations have never had a problem with WADA or security issues but from testing we know they dont take drugs. But then again the Indian players have allways felt they are above everyone else, security is not really an issue is it.

Pigeon

Banned
What we do know is athletes from 571 sporting organisations have never had a problem with WADA or security issues but from testing we know they dont take drugs. But then again the Indian players have allways felt they are above everyone else, security is not really an issue is it.
That is just ridiculous. There is nothing in the past to suggest the Indian players have ever tried to play themselves above others. I am rather inclined to think sour grapes here about the power and influence they command in the world of cricket.

That is just ridiculous. There is nothing in the past to suggest the Indian players have ever tried to play themselves above others. I am rather inclined to think sour grapes here about the power and influence they command in the world of cricket.
Get my drift.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally I'm completely opposed to the whereabouts rule. It's fascism IMO. "Tell us where you are all the time so we know you're not doing anything illegal". Nobody else would accept that kind of treatment in their jobs, why do they think it's fine to subject professional sportsmen to it?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well Done BCCI. One of the few things they have done right.Just because others have done it doesn't make it right.

On Cricinfo :- "WADA - an entity composed of people who can't play sports committed to making life miserable for those who can. It's about time athletes stood up to WADA's increasingly excessive and dubiously effective policies."

and "...The recently updated whereabout clause of WADA violates Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights. The same way it violate the Indian Penal Code Article 21 of constitution about individual privacy...."

Is that true ?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Personally I'm completely opposed to the whereabouts rule. It's fascism IMO. "Tell us where you are all the time so we know you're not doing anything illegal". Nobody else would accept that kind of treatment in their jobs, why do they think it's fine to subject professional sportsmen to it?
Sums up my feelings on this issue.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
You are either dumb or you make a pretty good impersonation of it. I suppose you don't follow much of sports. If you had seen it fit to follow anything you would have known many players including Nadal have raised their voice against it.

Currently some terrorists are being tried in court for a conscpiracy to kidnap Sachin and Sourav. It is better if their location are not known.

Last edited:

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
What I dont understand is that how is the public going to get the information of where players are located from the WADA. Why can't players provide that information confidentially to the ICC who passes is along confidentially to the WADA? Who says that a player's location has to have trumpeted and announced by a greek chorus everywhere he goes? Is the WADA going to launch a web page with a blog updating the world where cricketers are every second of the day in size 100 font ... in capital letters and bolded?

Why are Indian cricketers such a MASSIVE terrorist targets but Americans are not? Lance Armstrong and Michael Phelps, two guys that are a billion times more known around then world than any Indian cricketer are not? If Armstrong and Phelps haven't been killed then why would any Indian cricketer?

Or are you suggesting Americans are NOT targets or terrorists? So the 2500+ Americans that died on Sept 11 2001 weren't targeted for being Americans?

Indian cricket fans really need to get out of their bubble and realise the universe doesn't revolve around them.

And anyone who knows anything about performance enhancing drugs knows that a lot the of drugs taken by athletes are not taken during during competition but well beforehand. Testing during events is more effective as a deterrent from taking stimulants than catching HGH and steroid users. Remember that not one BALCO linked athlete EVER tested positive for performance enhancing drugs during competition.

Whats the punishment if a player cannot be produced within 24 hours for testing? Will it be substantial? If the ICC, which is nothing more than a puppet of the BCCI these days, brings in its own code for testing what happens if a high profile Indian player refuses to be test? Will the ICC (which is just BCCI in reverse without the B) take action like it would against if a New Zealand player refused or was late for testing without a good reason? Highly unlikely.

For drug testing you need a totally impartial and independent body. The ICC would be about as competent in policing drug testing as FINA is in determining what swimsuits swimmers will wear at swimming meets.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
You are either dumb or you make a pretty good impersonation of it. I suppose you don't follow much of sports. If you had seen it fit to follow anything you would have known many players including Nadal have raised their voice against it.
What a surprise. Ever looked at Nadal's forearms and compared them to Federer's (any every other tennis player out there?). Theres been rumours about steroids and Nadal for years now.

Currently some terrorists are being tried in court for a conscpiracy to kidnap Sachin and Sourav. It is better if their location are not known.
And theres a trial here in Australia about some terrorists who were planning to blow up the Aussie rules, AFL grand final at the MCG. Should the AFL keep the date of the grand final secret and announce with only 24 hours notice?

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What a surprise. Ever looked at Nadal's forearms and compared them to Federer's (any every other tennis player out there?). Theres been rumours about steroids and Nadal for years now.

And theres a trial here in Australia about some terrorists who were planning to blow up the Aussie rules, AFL grand final at the MCG. Should the AFL keep the date of the grand final secret and announce with only 24 hours notice?
Please. I suppose you are an alien from Mars visiting Earth. I suppose you don't know that Indian cricketers are targets of various terrorist organizations. The risk they face is much higher than any of the sportsmen you mentioned.

Anyway you are going to repeat what you are saying. Continue as you wish.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Why are Indian cricketers such a MASSIVE terrorist targets but Americans are not? Lance Armstrong and Michael Phelps, two guys that are a billion times more known around then world than any Indian cricketer are not? If Armstrong and Phelps haven't been killed then why would any Indian cricketer?

Or are you suggesting Americans are NOT targets or terrorists? So the 2500+ Americans that died on Sept 11 2001 weren't targeted for being Americans?

Indian cricket fans really need to get out of their bubble and realise the universe doesn't revolve around them.
No one in LeT would know there are guys called Phelps or Lance Armstrong. They would know a Sachin very well and would also know what a prize catch he would be. World doesn't revolve around India but I suppose protecting players privacy in the present day realities is not something bad.

Also I don't think Indian cricketers are the only one to reject it. FIFA is against this also.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
No one in LeT would know there are guys called Phelps or Lance Armstrong. They would know a Sachin very well and would also know what a prize catch he would be. World doesn't revolve around India but I suppose protecting players privacy in the present day realities is not something bad.

Also I don't think Indian cricketers are the only one to reject it. FIFA is against this also.
If FIFA rejects it then it must be a good idea. FIFA is so corrupt they make the IOC look like angels.

Remember the years baseball turned a blind eye to drug testing? How did that work out?

What, terrorists can't do research? Murdering Phelps would earn 100 times the international coverage than killing Tendulkar. I mean, people in most of Africa, Europe besides UK, Asia besides the India/Pak/Bang/Sri and South America have heard of Phelps but not of Tendulkar. Same with Lance Armstrong.

Anyway, werent a lot of the Sept 11 terrorists Saudis? Since when did Saudi Arabia care about cricket?

Basically if the WADA does not control drug testing, or a similar body, then drug testing will be a complete joke. I'd have more faith in Sarah Palin if she became US president than the BCCI puppet. Yes, I have that little faith in the ICC.

And with more cricket being played, with more injuries (if you actually read about athletes taking drugs a lot are tempted into steroids by quick recovery times) and more money you'd be kidding yourself if drugs wont become a problem. *cough* Shoaib Akhtar *cough*

Pigeon

Banned
If FIFA rejects it then it must be a good idea. FIFA is so corrupt they make the IOC look like angels.

Remember the years baseball turned a blind eye to drug testing? How did that work out?

What, terrorists can't do research? Murdering Phelps would earn 100 times the international coverage than killing Tendulkar. I mean, people in most of Africa, Europe besides UK, Asia besides the India/Pak/Bang/Sri and South America have heard of Phelps but not of Tendulkar. Same with Lance Armstrong.

Anyway, werent a lot of the Sept 11 terrorists Saudis? Since when did Saudi Arabia care about cricket?

Basically if the WADA does not control drug testing, or a similar body, then drug testing will be a complete joke. I'd have more faith in Sarah Palin if she became US president than the BCCI puppet. Yes, I have that little faith in the ICC.

And with more cricket being played, with more injuries (if you actually read about athletes taking drugs a lot are tempted into steroids by quick recovery times) and more money you'd be kidding yourself if drugs wont become a problem. *cough* Shoaib Akhtar *cough*
The basic difference is that Phelps does not move around as often as Tendulkar does. And secondly Phelps visits places mostly in the developed countries, while Tendulkar has to visit nations like Bangladesh, not to mention his own, which are so massively overpopulated and have proven security issues.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
The basic difference is that Phelps does not move around as often as Tendulkar does. And secondly Phelps visits places mostly in the developed countries, while Tendulkar has to visit nations like Bangladesh, not to mention his own, which are so massively overpopulated and have proven security issues.
So, Phelps has swum in Barcelona. Are you going to tell me that Spain has never had a problem with terrorists? And as with the London bombings of 2005 we're seeing more home grown terrorists. Not every terrorist has to come from Pakistan.

Phelps lives in the USA, the place where the worst terrorist attack in history has occured.

Phelps has swum in many different countries around the world in the past 9 years (he was at Sydney in 2000 as a 15 year old). Lance Armstrong has raced in quite a few countries the last few years.

And who says that the WADA has to make public the locations of the Indian cricketers? Just because WADA knows where Dhoni or Tendulkar is doesnt mean they're ringing up terrorist organisations and saying "hey guyz, Tendulkar is in Kolkata on business this weekend".