• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trescothick v Strauss

Who is the better test batsman?

• Total voters

tooextracool

International Coach
Think its far too early to be comparing the 2 because Strauss still has a fair way to go in his career while Trescothick is almost certainly done with international cricket. Don't rate Trescothick as anything more than 'decent' and a serviceable option in test match cricket, but there is little doubt in my mind that Trescothick >>Strauss (2004-08). However, the Strauss from 08/09 onwards has been better than anything that Trescothick ever managed and it will be interesting to see if can keep that up or not. I do expect Strauss to end up the better player, not just because I've always though that he is a very strong character but also because of his conversion rate which emphasis the fact that when he gets going there is little that can be done to stop him.