• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Key Ashes Figures as Harry Potter Characters

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
After my thoughts on Graham Onions' resemblance to Neville Longbottom, I (with some help from Hakon) starting thinking about which roles in the Harry Potter series are being filled by players in this series. It's more about their role, than their appearance, now. :)

(This is obviously filled with spoilers.)

Andrew Flintoff as Harry Potter
The key figure in the fight for good - the hero of the saga.

James Anderson as Ron Weasley
The right-hand-man in the quest - in the past has been a bit useless, but now does well. Gets the hot girl.

Paul Collingwood as Hermione Granger
Really important to fighting against evil, but nobody particularly wants to acknowledge it. Works very hard, is good at the job she's given, but it doesn't feel right if she's in charge. (No Stuart Broad jokes)

Graham Onions as Neville Longbottom
He looks like him. And is also not particularly threating in appearance, but is able to chop off the top part of your order/snake

Stuart Broad as Ginny Weasley
Looks pretty, the important people seem to love them, but what do they actually do?

Michael Vaughan as Albus Dumbledore
The former leader, who has had great success in the past - but is no longer around. Has had other achievements, but will be most remembered for battling against the dark forces

Kevin Pietersen as Severus Snape
He's good, no wait he's South Africanevil, no good, no South Africanevil. Used to be in charge, but had to hand the reins over.

Andrew Strauss as Minerva McGonagall
Now in charge of the good side, but everyone really preferred the other bloke.

Steve Harmison as Hagrid
He's a big bloke, isn't he!

Ravi Bopara as Terry Boot
Who?

Ian Bell as Dennis Creevey
Are you sure you're old enough to be here, mate?

---

Ricky Ponting as Lord Voldemort
The Dark Lord, the leader of all evil in the world.

Shane Watson as Bellatrix Lestrange
Fights for the forces of evil, yet is strangely, and unexplainably, ridiculously attractive

Mitchell Johnson as Draco Malfoy
Was given a job to do. Couldn't do it. However, the Dark Lord doesn't want to replace him, so someone else has to do the job for him

Troy Cooley as Peter Pettigrew
Used to be on the good side, but betrayed his friends to join the Dark Lord

Ben Hilfenhaus as Fenrir Greyback
Needs a shave

Add any additions as you see fit :D

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Stuart Broad is blatantly Draco Malfoy. In fact im pretty sure he was a body double in one of the earlier films

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Rudi Koertzen as the ****house umpire who ruins the Ashes important quidditch match.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Haha that first post was full of win. I liked it.

But the other day myself and a mate were comparing Stuart Broad to Raiden from the Metal Gear Solid series. As in he's the pretty boy who no one likes apart from the people who matter. He's not a fan's favourite yet Raiden is the leading role in the new upcoming Metal Gear Solid Rising because the developers believe he is the future of the brand. For this see how Strauss and the selectors are seemingly the only people who have faith in Stuart Broad and have penned him in for an eternal role as England's future bowling hero.

Meanwhile, Freddie Flintoff is the Solid Snake to Broad's Raiden. The rough, rugged and uncomplicated nature of Snake has made him a much loved fans favourite over time, but due to his old age and his terminal FoxDie illness he has to pass on the torch to younger and more youthful hands of Raiden. From now on Snake can't concentrate on the main MGS releases on next gen consoles and instead will only feature in scaled down adventures on the PSP. For Snake see Flintoff, for FoxDie see Flintoff's dodgy knee and for PSP gaming, see ODIs and T20s. It's all linked I tells ya!

Yep, i'm aware that not a lot of that makes sense but it's amazing the amount of bollocks me and my mates can spout when we're hammered.

Last edited: