• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why are we getting an Ashes in 2016?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So that hints that both series are being shifted simualtaneously.

Hope it's 2014/15 that's shifted to 2013/14 rather than 2018/19 to 2017/18. The sooner the change is made, the better.
Hmm, will have to save a little bit faster if so

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hi Martyn.

Many thanks for your email.

Indeed - there may be an Ashes series in 2016.

At the moment the extended Future Tours Programme is provisional and the ECB board is considering the implications of a clash with the Euros and the Olympics.

Both ECB and Cricket Australia are keen to adjust the Ashes tour cycles to avoid England's tour to Australia being in the same winter as the Cricket World Cup.

There will be more information on the ECB website in due course.

Kind regards,

ECB Feedback

Russell Staves
Lord's Cricket Ground
London
NW8 8QZ
Switchboard: +44 (0)20 7432 1200
Web: England and Wales Cricket Board - ECB

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
If the ICC goes ahead with the 2 tier test say 6 teams in the 1st tier then there is a good chance England may be relegated to 2nd tier and there will no Ashes for them:ph34r:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I still would have dropped him, no second thoughts there. He was horrible in the first two tests and despite what everyone thinks doesn't deserve a free pass.

brockley

International Captain
2016 fine year closer to the ashes no problem by me.
Its the mindless other games we have to play i complain about windies,pakistan,nz,pakistan,bangladesh doesn't make for compelling viewing.
Thats next season.:wacko: