cricket betting betway blog banner small
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Hadlee is not too impressed with Fleming apparently

  1. #1
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I fall asleep to Neil Wagner's roars
    Posts
    39,068

    Hadlee is not too impressed with Fleming apparently

    Fleming downgraded role of coach - Hadlee | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

    Thought it was interesting. Find it ironic that someone who was known to consider himself always a little bit above everyone else in his day is firing off rounds at someone else for it.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  2. #2
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,040
    I think it's pretty well known that Fleming had strong views about the team and which direction they should be heading. Fleming was at his best as captain under Aberhart because he was given a huge amount of responsibility and pretty much ran the team himself. Incidentally around that period NZ were playing their best test cricket.

    Fleming will no doubt make a great coach in the future

  3. #3
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    h
    Posts
    543
    Thank god he put John "No-neck" Bracewell in his place.

    Bring back Flemo tbh

  4. #4
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Fleming downgraded role of coach - Hadlee | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

    Thought it was interesting. Find it ironic that someone who was known to consider himself always a little bit above everyone else in his day is firing off rounds at someone else for it.
    Hadlee had every right to consider himself always a little bit above everyone else in his day - in fact he had every right to do far more than that, and it's a mark of his humility that he didn't. There are many more too - for example the fact he considers Dennis Lillee a class above himself despite the fact that Lillee's biggest fans would claim he was at worst a smidgen ahead.

    Anyway, getting coach-captain balances right is notoriously difficult - never terribly surprised if a combo fails to do so.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006


  5. #5
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I fall asleep to Neil Wagner's roars
    Posts
    39,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hadlee had every right to consider himself always a little bit above everyone else in his day - in fact he had every right to do far more than that, and it's a mark of his humility that he didn't. There are many more too - for example the fact he considers Dennis Lillee a class above himself despite the fact that Lillee's biggest fans would claim he was at worst a smidgen ahead.

    Anyway, getting coach-captain balances right is notoriously difficult - never terribly surprised if a combo fails to do so.
    Not in regards to his ability, but to his place in the team. I seem to remember a story about an Alfa Romeo...

  6. #6
    Cricketer Of The Year The Sean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Not in regards to his ability, but to his place in the team. I seem to remember a story about an Alfa Romeo...
    Ha ha yeah, that was quite a bizarre saga.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tendulkar the greatest - Hadlee
    By G.I.Joe in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 09:13 AM
  2. Lillie VS Hadlee
    By The Maestro in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 221
    Last Post: 20-01-2005, 04:01 AM
  3. Damien Fleming retires
    By Hoggy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-06-2003, 06:30 AM
  4. Fleming believes Murali is no longer a threat
    By Tim in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 08:06 PM
  5. Indian attack on par with Aussies says Cairns and Fleming
    By wahindiawah in forum World Cup 2003
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 20-03-2003, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •