cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T&T chief hints at regional split - Cricinfo

T&T chief hints at regional split - Cricinfo

I was looking at this article on cricinfo:
    T&T chief hints at regional split | West Indies Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

What do you all think?

To be honest even though I do not want to see a regional split for the West Indies team, the selectors have been very unfair to cricketers from Trinidad and Tobago. The current Trinidad and Tobago team is a very strong, motivated unit and with the current state of West Indies cricket, they may not get much international exposure. This may be their only chance.
    The future of WI cricket: Adrian Barath, Darren Bravo, Yannick Cariah, Yannick Ottley, Ravi Rampaul.....or should I say the future of Trinidad and Tobago cricket?

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Will be a sad thing to occur if it all it did occur.
    Last edited by Pratters; 27-07-2009 at 02:53 PM.

They might well beat the West Indies these days.

So what would a team look like? My knowledge of fringe T&T players isn't super.

1. Barath
    2. Ganga
    3. Simmons
    4. Bravo
    5. Bravo
    6. Ramdin
    7. Pollard
    8. Mohammed
    9. Kelly / someone else?
    10. Jaggernauth
    11. Rampaul

I've probably forgotten someone really obvious. Either way, I don't think this is the right way to go about things.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I dread to think what West Indies cricket must've been like in the days when inter-island feuding was commonplace and near-accepted.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    So what would a team look like? My knowledge of fringe T&T players isn't super.

1. Barath
    2. Ganga
    3. Simmons
    4. Bravo
    5. Bravo
    6. Ramdin
    7. Pollard
    8. Mohammed
    9. Kelly / someone else?
    10. Jaggernauth
    11. Rampaul

I've probably forgotten someone really obvious. Either way, I don't think this is the right way to go about things.
    Ganga prefers to bat 3. Pollard would be above Ramdin too, and Mohammed isn't entirely in favour with the selectors it seems, so it might be Emrit in for him. That said, Emrit hasn't been great recently, but he does work hard.

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago, I think, and was talking to a friend about it. Basically it would end the Test careers of Dw Bravo, Simmons and Ramdin and prevent those of Da Bravo and Rampaul. Certainly T&T wouldn't get Test status for 15-20 years. Inevitable, maybe, but I can't see it happening for some time yet.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Banned
    I think Trinidad would be far worse off if they ever went it alone....

Very few of these players are Test class right now. They would be beaten by Bangladesh, and could only strive to be on par with the likes of Zimbabwe.

Frankly, it sounds like a lot of hot air from Forbes Persaud.

Where did Trinidad finish in the recent four-day domestic competition?

If the ICc was any kind of governing body, they'd be able to find a way to intervene in situations like this. Sound like WI cricket essentially needs to have a neutral, professional team put in place to administer it and select and run the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

T&T would never make it at the test level. I could see them playing ODIS but tests never. They just dont have the threshold to provide the players. Plus how many test venues are there in TT ne way?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    If the ICc was any kind of governing body, they'd be able to find a way to intervene in situations like this. Sound like WI cricket essentially needs to have a neutral, professional team put in place to administer it and select and run the team.
    Word out. Cricket doesn't need this ATM. Look at the crazyness T20 cricket causing yo..

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    It is sad that things have come to this pass but if one kept the heart aside then this is the only solution.

The petty regionalism that has plagued West Indies all through their cricket history cant be wished away by soft emotions and good wishes of well wishers. This is a problem that has been there for three quarters of a century and has not improved one bit.

They play as separate island nations in other sports and there is no reason why they wont get used to doing the same in cricket.

When India was partitioned, ICC had suggested that we should continue to play as an "All India" team but thank God we didn't. We now have three Test teams instead of one. You can argue that combine all three and end up with a stronger single side but is that good for the game in each separate nation. The answer, if one used only the head, has to be no.

The same will be true for West Indies.

Yeah but India/Pak/Bang are countries where hundreds of millions reside. Combine the cricket playing population of the West Indies and they wouldnt be much more than half the population of London. As individual entities the territories comprising the WI simply donot have the player base or financial fortitude to last at test level

Hall of Fame Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
    Yeah but India/Pak/Bang are countries where hundreds of millions reside. Combine the cricket playing population of the West Indies and they wouldnt be much more than half the population of London. As individual entities the territories comprising the WI simply donot have the player base or financial fortitude to last at test level
    ............... although in the early 1980's Barbados on its own would probably have emulated the success that the WI as a whole had in those days

On the bowling front maybe. But their batting reserves were thin.

Hall of Fame Member fredfertang's Avatar
    A bit thin perhaps but with Maco, Big Bird and Sylvers thundering in I'd back Haynes and Greenidge to get enough runs more often than not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information