• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most ammount of damage to equipment

andmark

International Captain
What's the most damaged peice of Cricket equipment you've seen. The dog got to this Cricket ball. Atleast it will turn now, and it's ball tampering to an extreme.

Attachments

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have a photo but I did once see a chap toss his bat in the river when he was out. He made no attempt to retrieve it so it's condition is likely to be less than perfect 12 years later as it floats towards Brazil.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
there is a clubhouse somehwere in Hampshire with a cricket bat lodged in the roof after a particularly impressive tantrum. Like the one in the river, i saw it over a decade ago, so can't be in great shape now.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I cant remember when this happened, sometime when I started playing cricket seriously (maybe 15 or 16)

At the time (maybe still so) you needed a coffin to be taken seriously. I didnt grow up with much money and my Dad was proud to give me my first coffin.

My first rep game with it, I was batting 3 (dont ask me why or how), I was given a rough decision. At the time (wrongly I may add) I thought that acting up showed you cared. I had a tantrum in the dressing room and accidently put my bat through my coffin, smashing it open.

That stopped my theatrics dead in the water and I **** myself. Fair to say that I learned a lesson and I know I let my family down on that occasion. Not a proud moment.

cover drive man

International Captain
I cant remember when this happened, sometime when I started playing cricket seriously (maybe 15 or 16)

At the time (maybe still so) you needed a coffin to be taken seriously. I didnt grow up with much money and my Dad was proud to give me my first coffin.

My first rep game with it, I was batting 3 (dont ask me why or how), I was given a rough decision. At the time (wrongly I may add) I thought that acting up showed you cared. I had a tantrum in the dressing room and accidently put my bat through my coffin, smashing it open.

That stopped my theatrics dead in the water and I **** myself. Fair to say that I learned a lesson and I know I let my family down on that occasion. Not a proud moment.
Coffin?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Was facing my mate (who is seriously fast) in the nets today and I took a massive swing at a leg stump half-volley, was way too early on the shot and took a massive leading edge.

mat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Was facing my mate (who is seriously fast) in the nets today and I took a massive swing at a leg stump half-volley, was way too early on the shot and took a massive leading edge.
Is that a large chip out of the middle of the bat aswell? The bat sure is getting a beating.

Bouncer

State Regular
What's the most damaged peice of Cricket equipment you've seen. The dog got to this Cricket ball. Atleast it will turn now, and it's ball tampering to an extreme.

If Tony Greig was on the mike, he would have started something like "these pakistanis have been on it for years"

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
A solid box with handles as opposed to a soft bag which you'll now see more often.

Still a sign of a class player when he walks in with a coffin though.
I had a crazy image of Kev smashing up a full-length, dead-person style coffin. :unsure: