• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I Finally Made it !

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I finally got my chance

after years of working hard and practising and still getting good figures , my coach in the old school over looked me maybe because he was a racist , because thats what the word went around inn my school at that time , i used to get figures of 4-20 5-36 and my avg never went above 12 in a season!
that was 2 years ago , and i kept doing well everytime and yet i didnt make the Colts side for my school... yet 2 spots were given to 2 tennis players who didnt play cricket at all that season but had some prior knowledge..
I was confused i was sent to the best school down south , i did very well with off spin bowling and had an avg of 25 with bat for a middle/lower order batsmen..

Finally i came up to auckland ! and i got into club cricket and made 1st eleven for my school ! i was glad i was still carrying around the good form i had .. and after 1 season of club that ended around march 2003 , i got called up for North Harbour Under 17's Trials

and 2 days ago i got a call saying they were really impressed by what they had seen and never seen a young off spinner show so much promise.. And i had made N.Harbour Under 17 Dev Squad which over the winter you have winter trainings and from that you are divided into N.Harbour A squad and N.Harbour B squad

N.Harbour in new zealand is kinda like a step below our county .. eg below playing for Auckland Cricket..

And i get the opportunity to better my skills and train with A level coaches and Black Caps like L.Vincent , K.Mills , B.Walker , A.Parore, D.Nash, J.Mills ( who is our head coach ) M Richardson , M Horne and many others !!

Im so glad i finally made it into a Rep side and thank god.. im just going to keep workin harder to be New Zealands best off spinner :D which we need one !!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well done.

Now my piece of advice - listen to EVERYTHING your coaches say.

Set your sights high - settle for nothing less than being the best. Practice until your fingers bleed, then wipe the blood off and practice some more.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
well done and give it your best shot, then you can't say later "I wish I had done that better".

All the best

V Reddy

International Debutant
chris.hinton said:
well done, prove that coach wrong
I think he already did it. But it would be great if he could make it to state team then it would be " A state player couldn't make a school first IX " and then it could be serious problems for the old coach :lol: :wow: . After then with a bit of luck and some good performances and some hard work and you never know with NZ only having 1 real good spinner

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Congrats mate and well done...

Time to make that coach eat humble pie for not selecting you in his team!

Good luck mate!:D :D

Legglancer

State Regular
lord_of_darkness said:

Im so glad i finally made it into a Rep side and thank god.. im just going to keep workin harder to be New Zealands best off spinner :D which we need one !!

Amen to that !:D